chevy 12v conversion

JAS3+390

Planning on putting a cummins in my 90 model 3+3 and I've got tons of info off the forums so far.but one thing I haven't run across yet is..what is everyone doing with Tue ecm's from these trucks? Do I just unplug everything and not worry about it or completely pull it out?

loose the dodge ecm, depending on your chevy you may need the chevy computer for the speedo.. on mine I lost the dodge computer, used all the chevy sensors, used relays for the run silnoid on the inj pump, and used a ford voltage regulator on the dodge alternator.

for the alt..
Alternator external regulator how to 89-02 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

and if you are doing a p7100 pump you need to wire the start run on the injection pump. it has to have relays as it draws alot.. I used 2 30 amp bosch relays, one for the run side and one for the start side. be careful there are 3 wires, blk is ground and red is hold white is pull, it only needs the pull for a second, the hold wire is hot as long as you want the motor to run... make sure you test this as the pull silinoid is about 250$ and if you hook it up wrong you will smoke it..

the sensors go in with some adapters from the auto parts place and home depo .. then you have to clean up the wiring harness... which is a PITA....

good luck..

Last edited:
Back