Chevy C20 Silverado getting a 5.9 and 5R110

ONEtonXJ

Been gathering parts for this swap for quite awhile now... getting close...

Going under the knife will be my 1982 Chevy 3/4 ton 2wd pickup that my Grandpa bought brand new in 1981. Right now, it's got a 6.2 with almost 340,000 miles on it, completely untouched believe it or not... With the exception of a warranty cylinder head job done in '85..... It's eaten it's fair share of TH400s but hopefully soon that all wont be an issue...

This truck has a lot of sentimental value to me and my family, Grandpa died in '01 leaving my dad the truck since I was only 11 years old. At that time, the truck was NOTHING to look at... almost ALL of the paint had flaked off of it, so me and my dad stripped it down to bare metal, repainted it, and got it looking new again. Then the day I got my license, he handed me the keys :Cheer:

Been driving it for the last 8 years and from day one have wanted more power. A bunch of people have suggested changing it over to a gas truck which I refuse to do because my family knows this truck as "The Diesel" and it's staying that way.... looked into building the 6.2 into something cool and possibly swapping a 6.5 or even a Duramax to keep it all GM but none seemed logical.

Finally decided on a drivetrain and have been gathering parts for the last year or so... and here's what i've come up with....

1st gen 5.9 that I've P-pumped
Ford 5R110 from a E350 Ambulance that had a 6.0 powerstroke
Destroked Adapters
PCS controller and harness also from Destroked
Precision Industries billet triple disk torque converter

As for the engine build, looking for 400 to the ground for starters....
4000gsk & 60# valve springs
100hp Prince of Darkness injectors
dont have a turbo yet, leaning towards an HX40???
ARP head studs and marine head gasket

not really sure what else I should give attention to to reach that 400 mark..... suggestions welcome =)

Back