Chevy Cummins Swap

95smokin

cummins
Just wanted to share my swap. Truck started life as a 2003 Chevy 6.0. Truck was hit in the front so decided to put a GMC front assembly on it and do the cummins swap. Frame was switched out for a 1986 suburban frame with a solid axle up front. Took a 12valve out of a bus with 40k on it and bolted it to an nv4500 with a southbend clutch. Motor is mostly stock with 5x12s, basic pump work and dual electric fans. All gauges, heat/air, and everything electronically work on the truck. I'm still consistently messing with it but happy with it so far.

chevy1_zps071fc28e.jpg.html

chevy7_zpsf166d9f6.jpg.html

chevy6_zpse2d61e85.jpg.html

chevy5_zps83325e4b.jpg.html

chevy4_zpsbb40528c.jpg.html

chevy3_zpsc553536e.jpg.html

chevy2_zpse03c4fe8.jpg.html

Well if someone could help me with the pictures I would appreciate it.

Just wanted to share my swap. Truck started life as a 2003 Chevy 6.0. Truck was hit in the front so decided to put a GMC front assembly on it and do the cummins swap. Frame was switched out for a 1986 suburban frame with a solid axle up front. Took a 12valve out of a bus with 40k on it and bolted it to an nv4500 with a southbend clutch. Motor is mostly stock with 5x12s, basic pump work and dual electric fans. All gauges, heat/air, and everything electronically work on the truck. I'm still consistently messing with it but happy with it so far.

chevy1_zps071fc28e.jpg

chevy7_zpsf166d9f6.jpg

chevy3_zpsc553536e.jpg

chevy2_zpsec9492df.jpg

chevy6_zpse2d61e85.jpg

chevy5_zps83325e4b.jpg

chevy4_zpsbb40528c.jpg

Here you go

Beautiful job, newer bodystyle GM/ Cummins swaps are few and far between. I had an 05 NV4500/6.0 that I would have loved to put a common rail in

I'll put some up when the snow clears off TxDiesel. Nothing too special. Truck does only have 70,000 original miles on it.

ive got the first gen cummins under the hood in my 98 chevy. i have all kinds of room under the hood. i just have to finish buttoning up the wiring but still drive it every day.

nice! im doing the same thing but long bed and a common rail cummins/auto trans
very nice truck you got

sweet post. got me all excited. my i have a 2004 crewcab duramax that i have been looking for to trade for a ssix speed manual. well last week a couple injectors went bad and it spun a rod bearing. my plan is to put a 12v bolted to a nv5600 in it. i have not seen very many done and am just starting the process, mainly concerned about the dash working, and whefre to get motor mounts

Thanks guys.
maddmudder the dash/gauges were a little pain to get working but just take your time with them. All the motor mounts/brackets on this truck were custom built and Im not even sure where you could get some from.
Let me know if have any questions and Ill try to help.

Back