Chip/Tuner Help

CLINT_FX4_TxBoy

New to the Dark Side
OK I'm trying to do a few things to my truck as I slowly add-on and Im trying to decide what chip/tuner to go with. Im currently lookin at Edge Juice Platinum w/ Attitude or SCT Livewire. I would like some feedback and opinions on these two products. I hear alot about DJ's tunes such as looney tune and smoke tune. Im trying to decide which is better. I want power, speed, and of course some smoke even though some say its not good for your truck. I'd also like the ability to change whether im on a economy type tune to a racing/showing off to my buddys tune on the fly. Thanks in advance for all your help.

SCT won't do it on the fly. But the Edge won't promote long transmission life. Which of those is more important to you?

well id much rather have a longer tranny life of course. what would i have to do to change tunes on the Livewire?

Thank you very much. Im also lookin on info on the different custom tunes for the SCT Livewire.

You are better off just getting an xcal2. They are a little more reliable than the livewires.

Well the thing was I was lookin at the livewire because I thought it would be nicer to have the monitor so I could get reading and I also THOUGHT it was on the fly but you had said other wise so now I guess only for the monitor.

Doesn't have a pyro though. So you are still lookin at 165 on top of that. 05s have a boost gauge on the dash. Tripple pillar with pyro, water temp, and oil temp would be better.

Thanks a bunch for the help so far ill look into it all and im sure ill have more questions soon.:Cheer:

I've run an Edge evolution SCT sf2 & now a x3 with tunes by both Eric and Tad
The Evolution did not work well at all with my 6.0l. I sold th sf2 to another 04 SD 6.0l owner and after I helped install the tune he called me back while driving and said Wow why don't they tune from the factory like this.
Problems I was having with my near stock set up were immediately by the SCT sf2 tuner.

Yes, love the way the truck is running now sounds really tight and smooth. It also runs fast and I can't wait to run it down the track next spring.

Thanks man.
PSDPlayer i was wondering if you could maybe pm me about some prices so I know what Im lookin at

i would call doug up and see what he can do for you..i wouldnt waste my time with anything else..xcal2 is what i have and most other people have, super simple to use and tons of power.

Back