Chip?

Yes, you can make a pin, all it consists of is a piece of steel rod the correct size, I'll try to bring a caliper or mic home and measure mine. VagCom cable is about $250, the software is free. Check the manual for your scanners, it should tell you if they can do it or not.

Sounds good. Thanks for all the help. I found one thing on my otc genisis and it said timing angle. Is that it?

Likely is, there is a chart in the Bentley manual that uses that IIRC, if I can remember I'll get it out in the AM and see.

Can I mark the ip pump pulley? When do you adjust it? Just hook up to the scan tool and turn it intil it reads right? Also can I change the cam seal with out pulling the rear cover?

The pump pulley is broken loose from the pump shaft when doing the belt, the lock pin is there to keep the pump from turning during installation. The cam seal I cannot remember on and timing is checked with the car warmed up and at idle, you get a reading, compare it to the chart, and then kill the car and make an adjustment.

Get a manual, they are about $60 and worth every penny on these cars.

I have the mitchell on demand. It has all that info I was just seeing if you guys had any tips. So far you guys are pretty darn good with help.

Ok I found a chip I like. Its a stage 3 from td tuning. My question is what is going to happen to my mpg?

Back