chrome and polishing work???

Ether Man

The Racer Formerly Known as ConcreteBlockHead, who
looking to have my 12 valve, valve covers chromed and have the compressor housing on the turbo polished. just wanting to get in touch with someone about prices. thanks.

looking to have my 12 valve, valve covers chromed and have the compressor housing on the turbo polished. just wanting to get in touch with someone about prices. thanks.

pm me jimmy, i have a friend who has a polishing shop if you're interested in shipping them. he does chroming as well and his work is TOP notch.

ask Teddy Bear (Josh Land) if he'll polish your housing. LOL he just did his on his puller.

jk doesn't sound like he's interested in doing another anytime soon... apparently it takes some real effort and time to do.

Hanlon Plating Company, Richmond, Virginia, Chrome Repair, Replating, Restoration, Automobiles, Boats, Motorcycles

One of the best plating company's in the country. Not the cheapest or the quickest but def. 1 of the best you will ever find. My old man has dealt with them since the late 70's and he has some 57 chevy's they did work on back then that look better than brand new reproduction parts he has purchased in the last few years. Here is an example of their work on some junk ass cast aluminum they did for me. One of the few places I know of that still copper coat before chrome plating. The only way to get a true mirror finish.

picture.php

picture.php

Hanlon Plating Company, Richmond, Virginia, Chrome Repair, Replating, Restoration, Automobiles, Boats, Motorcycles

One of the best plating company's in the country. Not the cheapest or the quickest but def. 1 of the best you will ever find. My old man has dealt with them since the late 70's and he has some 57 chevy's they did work on back then that look better than brand new reproduction parts he has purchased in the last few years. Here is an example of their work on some junk ass cast aluminum they did for me. One of the few places I know of that still copper coat before chrome plating. The only way to get a true mirror finish.

picture.php

picture.php

looks really good. thanks.

polishing

cant go wrong with a little shine in the engine bay!!! i need a stainless housing to go with the rest! the comp cover was around 35 dollars to have polished and smoothed.

Attachments

• s400turbo2.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 261
Polish them. I chromed them first and it will want to peel later if you pull the covers a lot due to the vc bolt rubbing it as you tighten it down. I had them redone a couple times thinking it was poor quality work but it will peel after R@R them several times. I polished them and keep oil or wax on them so they wont turn.

The guys at Bean's Diesel Performance here in Tennessee do a great job at polishing!

cant go wrong with a little shine in the engine bay!!! i need a stainless housing to go with the rest! the comp cover was around 35 dollars to have polished and smoothed.

Where did you get yours done at? I looked at a few places before doing mine and it was like $200 to have one polished.

Where did you get yours done at? I looked at a few places before doing mine and it was like $200 to have one polished.

i little shop that is here in Dayton Ohio. Blakley's Chrome Shop. For that price you could sent it here and have it done.

i little shop that is here in Dayton Ohio. Blakley's Chrome Shop. For that price you could sent it here and have it done.

Are they hrowing it in a tumbler or sumtin? No way they are hand polishing a comp housing for 35.00, it takes about 4 hours to do a s400 housing like that and get a hand polish mirror finish.

Are they hrowing it in a tumbler or sumtin? No way they are hand polishing a comp housing for 35.00, it takes about 4 hours to do a s400 housing like that and get a hand polish mirror finish.

Thats what I was thinkin. I had a lot of time and effort in polishing mine. Im not sure that I would like to try it again any time soon.

I have done alot of polishing from blowers to turbo's I would rather do turbo over any of them I get 100.00 for a comp.housingand you earn every bit of the coins.

Dale

polishing

i've done alot of buss. with him over the years. i know he gives me a discount but i asked him and he said 50 for anyone that wants it. it takes his guys a couple hours to turn it out. i've sit around and waited for the last one i had done and was impressed how quickly they can turn ugly into gleeming.

so if you do or don't believe the info is there for you.

he done the front cover, zzfab intake, the tps bracket and the injection lines as well as the valvecover once it was powdercoated. everything was sent off after polishing to be clear powdercoated so no more polishing!

Attachments

• intakecummins.jpg
    intakecummins.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 27
Hey Smitty, I bet Porterfield would know of a good one. Only guy I know with a chrome core support. $.02 Guessin you got his number round somewhere. LOL

For those who haven't seen it, here's John's engine.
0911dp_03+1996_dodge_ram_2500+cummins_diesel_engine.jpg

I have seen that truck many times, many miles away from home, and it has never looked anything less than spotless. I aspire to his level of under-hood detail and cleanliness. DD 12 valves don't get much cleaner.

Whole spread can be seen here: Clickey