Chrome wheel polish?

LG STROK

What is one of the better chrome polishes out there? When the weather finally broke enough for me to clean my truck up some, I noticed the wheels had black places in em. Looks kinda like brake dust but it won't clean off with just soap and water. I was hoping with chrome wheels, my days of polishing were done, guess not :doh:. Thanks guys for any info!

I have had good luck with Mothers Chrome Polish and a Mothers Powerball

Just regular rubbing compound from turtle wax will take those spots out and shine up the chrome.

are the coated or non? if non got get some aluminum bright and wash it with that and polish witch alcoa or bush aluminum polish

Believe it or not, I use steel wool for stuborn water spots and road salt deposits. I use 0000 grade steel wool and a spray bottle of water on my chrome wheels and stacks. Lightly spray the area you're working on and gently buff it out. You can feel the impurities being pulled off. This leaves a mirrior finish on my wheels and stacks and then I go over it with high quality chrome cleaner like Mothers.

At one point I was going to pull my Chrome wheels off my 2nd gen because they looked like crap :Throwup: and nothing would clean them up, nothing. Luckily I have a friend who is into detailing and that's how he has been cleaning his wheels for over 4 years and they still look brand new! When he told me he uses steel wool, I told him no way in hell will I be applying steel to my chrome. I ttok one wheel from me cleaned it up and when he gave it bac to me thoght it was a brand ne wwheels. I was shocked to say the least. :bow:

Last edited:
Find the Flitz powerball, it will make an azz out of the Mothers. Once you get the wheel polished, wax it, the shine will last a good bit longer.

Goop Or Fast Orange Hand Cleaner Without Pumice Or Grit Works Awesome Then Just Use Polish And Polish To A Bright Shine Works Great On Tqilpipe With Tar And Rubber Stuck To

i use easy off oven cleaner. kills brake dust. just spray with water spray on the easy off hit it with a brush really quick and hose off make wheels look new

Find the Flitz powerball, it will make an azz out of the Mothers. Once you get the wheel polished, wax it, the shine will last a good bit longer.

i second the flitz ball i love mine and there polish is good stuff too

Never tried the flitz ball but I was impressed with what the powerball and some mothers did for my stock wheels. For non-coated aluminum I don't think you can beat purple polish.

Back