Classic American Muscle

Red Sleeper

Well yesterday I went and helped my dads cousin move some stuff from his shop in Houston to his new castle of a house in Jersey Village. I was super excited when he called and said he needed a hand moving the old Chevelle. I gladly hopped in my truck and took off.

Backstory on the car; my dad bought it in high school, completely restored it at about age 22 or so (my current age) even though it didn’t really need it. He and my mom had the car when they got married but had to sell it to buy the land we live on now. He sold it to his cousin who has had it ever sense. It’s been painted three times or so by my dad, couple different motors, several transmissions, lots of car shows and lots of memories.. All I’ve had is a picture of it for years. Damn near 22 years later I finally have a chance to see it. Boy was I floored!!!

Sat here sense some time in 97. Cranked a few times, not many.

No that is not my trailer and I didn’t go over 35 mph with the car on it..

My dad and I are very slowly working on another 70 Chevelle so seeing his old one was great incentive to get my butt in gear.

There's a reason Cutlass headlights aren't a popular swap LOL

Pretty decent car though. I'm a Mopar guy, but have always had a soft spot for Chevelles, 67's and 70's in particular:bow:

Back