Cleaning my Line-x bed liner?????

Dalpilot

Joe Nobody!
Its 4 years old, and while it looks good, its a little dull, and has a few stains, Paint, Crayons, etc. Whats good to make it look new again?

try some simple green and then floow it up with a little tire foam if you want it to shine.
i wouldnt put anything back there for a few days tho...just so some of the excess can work itself off.
i BELIEVE line-x used to(and maybe still do) make something themselves that supposedly cleaned/conditioned the liner but i never heard much about it.

i know we always have them spray kevlar in with our liners and they never (wll not in 4 years) fade.
The line-x place we use does "reconditioning" for like $150
robert

You're not hosed. They fade like a mofo at 8,000 feet but I take a smaller bottle of armor all and a dish washing brush and 10 mins later it's like new. Will last for a few months before needing it again.

Sounds cheap, but, I actually hit mine with a few cans of black rattle can spray paint, and it looks like brand new!, will absorb into the liner {durabak} and it will NOT spray off with power washer,or rub off ... did my last 2 trucks rockers, bed, rails and flares with the stuff, and I love it!!!

I just used some Meguiar's car wash (while I was doing my truck) and a real stiff bristled scrubbing brush. A little elbow grease later, it looked a lot better...not new, but better. You might try some Comet and a stiff brush, it does a great job on my tires.

BTW, what kinda business are you in where you're haulin crayons?

Bedliners

We use simple green to clean them and then apply a liquid with a stiff brush and it brings it back like new.
Armorall will only be a temporary fix.
When I get back to the shop on monday I will get the name off the bottle and post it for the members.
Shane

if you powerwash it most of the crap will come out and clean it up some. but i would like to see if that paint trick really works mine is a year old and i have a couple spots where white paint soaked into the line-x

I thought the Line-X was not supposed to fade.
Tim, did you go black, or red?
If I ever do mine, I know the "Burgundy" would fade like a mofo, so, since the top of my truck rails and bottom of the truck are "Beige", I would do the box beige as well.

i use purple power and a brush, then spray tire shine like maguires and let it bake in and good as new!!

It's been brought to my attention one of the investors in our newly re-opened neighborhood pub has supposedly come out with a product that 'renews' the appearance of spray-in bedliners for 1 year. This genius hired a marketing guy who is going to sell his magical product on the Home Shopping Network.

I'm suspicious because when he told my brother about this new product and started talking about spray-ins in general he told my brother Rhino is a cold-spray and when my brother tried to correct him he more or less told him he's been in the spray-in business for 12 years and knows everything.

Next time I'm up there I'll have my brother introduce me to him to see what he's about and try to buy a sample from him. If it works I'll let you know.

8 lug was coming to shoot my truck, and in desperation I grabbed a gloss black rattle can, and it worked like a champ. That was a month ago, and it looks brand new still today. Red neck restorer. LOL

Back