Cluches

TwinCummins02

Texas Diesel Runner
I have a 2nd gen dodge 2500 02 i have a 6 speed and i need a new cluch but i dont know much about cluches does anyone have any suggestion about what would be the best to go with.

Last edited:
I would give South Bend Clutch a call...Those guys know how to build one...:)

I'm gonna move this to the 2nd gen forum.

I agree. you probably want to talk with Southbend or Haisleys

Haisley also makes a heck of a dual disk clutch.

Give them both a call. Tell them EXACTLY what your goals are. Don't BS. Either Haisley or South Bend can build a killer clutch to handle the power.. Its up to you to be honest and realistic in the goals.

partsguy662 said:
I would give South Bend Clutch a call...Those guys know how to build one...:)
Ditto that. Great service and a quality product.:ylsuper:

i think im ganna go with the dyna max clutch kit the mu 1947 con. fe from south bend

Isn't that a 550hp clutch, or is it a different one? If you are pushing 800hp and plan to use the power at all I wouldn't think a 550hp clutch would hold that long. I could be wrong.

If you plan to drag race, and if you plan to use the potential in the set of twins you have, I would strongly suggest a dual disk setup. They are more costly, they are more of a PITA, but they are about twice as tough as a single disk.

Lemme tell you a little story bout this feller I know fairly well, he went and bought hisself a Dodge pickum'up truck wid one a' them thar Cummins engines in it. Well, he said to himself "Self, I'm gonna leave this truck stock, it needs to last me right on 10 years or so", well then this feller discovered internet message boards, and he got to talking with this BigUgly fella from South Carolina. Next thing you know he's installing injectors in his truck, sortly after that the stock clutch gives him fits so he starts looking for a replacement. Whilst looking he gets a serious case of the cheapskate and "saves" $200 by getting a 350HP rated clutch. After all, he weren't a' gonna get no more power than that...right?? LOL LOL

A year later the truck is back in the air getting the 450HP rated clutch, seems them thar little black boxes do wonders to a truck, including smoking $700 clutches :bang

Now this feller I know is saving his $$ for a dual disk, that he could have afforded easier when he put the last upgraded clutch in.

Moral of this story? Buy more clutch than you need, if you want something to hold up to abuse and racing.

And yes, I am that fella I know real well, care to make a donation to Billy's clutch fund :D

Been down that road myself. First the single fe and now the dd. Buy the right one the first time.

Back