clutch engages at diff point everytime...

farmboy458

i have a southbend 3250 with upgraded hydros...almost every time you push it in and let it out it engages at a different point sometimes high on the pedal sometimes low....and others it starts to move right away you feel a pop in the pedal and then it stops and engages at the very top....clutch was installed buy a "respected diesel shop" they said they couldnt find the problem...anyone have this problem? im at a loss i tried adjusting the linkage on the slave cylinder and still nothing

Last edited:
i have a southbend 3250 with upgraded hydros...almost every time you push it in and let it out it engages at a different point sometimes high on the pedal sometimes low....and others it starts to move right away you feel a pop in the pedal and then it stops and engages at the very top....clutch was installed buy a "respected diesel shop" they said they couldnt find the problem...anyone have this problem? im at a loss i tried adjusting the linkage on the slave cylinder and still nothing

:pop:

I've had this same exact issue for over a year now.... 3600 6cb, I've tried calling and talking to mansel and peter, and we got nothing.... I even changed hydros twice.....

the only thing I could come up with is maybe a burr on the input causing this.... but not sure....

you would think that over time the burr would rub down?...idk i got about 25k miles on this clutch now ...

sounds like the slave piston could be contacting the shift fork at a different spot everytime for some reason....

almost like it could be catching the lip of the fork, then slipping into the pocket of the fork

thats possible i had the clutch pulled at checked for full travel and no signs of rubbing....but this is my 7th trans...

i think the builder is doing it wrong....this last one has been holding together now ...knock on wood...was eating syncros like crazy...so then they put a new mainshaft in it because they thought the one that was in it was .010 to long? idk didnt make sense to me....wasnt happy when i pulled it myself the last time and the front to cross member bolts where finger tight...

5 or 6 speed?

might i ask what fluid you or they are using in it

5 speed running the nv4500 mopar fluid...(i work at a dealer so its not so bad priced) i might add this all happend with in 4 months....sat at the shop for weeks on end mind you this happend over the fall time and living on a farm it sucked hauling everything around with a minivan because they couldnt figure a 4500 out....

Back