Clutch for 450-500 / towing

Btp 2332

Anybody towing around 450-500 hp range what clutch are you using? Truck is for towing about 10k lbs and daily driving. Maybe have it narrowed down to a South Bend 3250 DD or a Valair ceramic kevlar. Anybody have any experience with either of the two? Thank you advance.
Tom

Anybody towing around 450-500 hp range what clutch are you using? Truck is for towing about 10k lbs and daily driving. Maybe have it narrowed down to a South Bend 3250 DD or a Valair ceramic kevlar. Anybody have any experience with either of the two? Thank you advance.
Tom

i was towing at that range

i used a valair inc clutch,that same clutch that you are talking about

it held everything i tossed at it, and more... and performed flawlessly

dan, his clutches, and customer service are second to none..

i would go with his product, im just waitin for him to start makin autos too lol:lolly:

My new SBC 3250 slipped for 10k at 480/1038
got a new SBC 3600 with gobs more hp/tq and holds ok can't hook to a sled worth crap at all

My new SBC 3250 slipped for 10k at 480/1038
got a new SBC 3600 with gobs more hp/tq and holds ok can't hook to a sled worth crap at all

something was wrong with yours, my buddy dyno'd over 650 horse on a 3250 southbend and he beat the SHI* out of that clutch.

southbend dual discs are the best clutches out there IMO, i've sold over 20 of Peter's clutches and have never had a single problem with even ONE of them

I am at your hp level and tow my gooseneck trailer with the bbd and pit vehicle, with the trailer wieght i am at approximately 15k. I use a SBC dual disc and have no complaints, it has taken every thing I have thrown at it.

I'm only at 415 on my 12v with 3.55's and 38's and my 3250 sb is great. Can't go wrong with SB

I had Dan's 550hp 3800lb sprung hub ceramic in mine and towed about 10k-15k (JD 5525 cabbed 4x4 tractor plus hay equipment) on a daily basis with 400-450 hp and it was great.

And when I was not hooked to the trailer I gave that thing hell!

Dan's clutches and customer service are second to none, especially when you factor in the great price. All my friends have ValAir clutches and I just bought a DD with billet input to put in my truck as an upgrade over the single disk ceramic since I will have more power and should be towing often again.

The Valair Ceramic/kevlar is an awesome clutch. I have put them in a couple trucks and they have held up great to some very stupid drivers lol
But If you could afford it I would get a dual disc...

my SB DD3600 is a pain backing trailers up, i have to slip the crap out of it or if its soft ground 4wd

I love my 3250, i don't think you'll like the ceramic for towing it'll be a grabby *****.

My 3250 drives just like the stock clutch. I don't do any towing so I can't comment on that. But from the single discs I've driven, the DD blows them away in terms of driveability.

Back