clutch help from the people who know cuz i don't

mikcon

professional bill payer
I have a 98.5 reg cab 5-speed 2wd.
I am wanting just a street thump-er/daily driver.
It will go to the track for fun. But only occasionally.

Now what clutch fits my needs please.

Also should note that the wife will also be driving, so light pedal pressure would be nice if possible, After I put the big DD southbend in my 05 she was pissed that she was too small and short to drive it now because of pedal pressure.

So please help if you can.
Thanks,
mike

Guy that I just bought my 3850 from told me to grind the throw out bearing flat and that would make it lot easier to push down. As far as your street thumper goes, what are your plans for it? I'd go with a 3600dd or 3850 depending on how big a thumper that you want.

Haisley Machine Street/Drag Dual Disc and use the Southbend Clutch hydraulics assembly.No more pedal pressure than a stocker and a ton more hook......

Check out the Kennys Pulling Parts street triple. It was designed for drag racing and fast shifting. I have installed a few now and it is a very impressive clutch. Pedal effort is very easy and no need for upgraded hydraulics. Street manners are very nice - smooth, light, and holds power. We sled pulled two trucks with these clutches this weekend. They are working great as sled pulling clutches as well.

I would recomend the southbend single disc con Fe I think its called. Its there 550HP rated clutch. I have one in my truck and it works great. I upgraded the clutch hydralics with a new southbend unit, and my old lady whos like 5.4 can drive the **** out of my truck lol. The only draw back is when your trying to back up slow its kinda jerky, but thats a good perf clutch. Any how I've been on the track and just generally beat my truck every day and the clutch has lasted over a year so far.

Thats true, i just bought the clutch i have becuase its well know they handle abuse and there easyily available in canada.

Figure out your top power level for the truck, i.e., where will it end up at? Pick a good dual disk that fits your needs and be done with it. I have had nothing but good luck with South Bend so that's who I recommend. If you don't know what will work best, call the clutch manufacturer and get their thoughts, just be honest on what you plan to do with and to the truck.

Back