Clutch problems?

garbageman7

Alright here we go.... I have a 95 rclb s400 base charger lots of stuff done. when i do a burn out in 3rd gear or when i punch it in 3rd or 4th i only build 45 pounds of boost and when i press the clutch to shift to the next gear the clutch feels like crap. its like there is no clutch there. now when i drive in 5th and ease into it i built 56 pounds. a couple of months ago i was pegging a 60 pound gauge in all gears. i know people say the rpms should spike but with the way the truck is set up when the turbo lights it LIGHTS.. any thoughts would be appreciated thanks guys.

Are you saying the clutch is slipping? I do not think looking at your boost reading during a burnout is a fair reading. How is it when your truck is at full throttle, and with traction. I assume you have good fuel pressure? Look for boost leaks too.

Those boost readings are not during the burnout they are after the burnout with his clutch pedal feeling weird, it only acts that way after a burnout otherwise the truck shifts fine. This is a South Bend dd 3850 by the way. There are no boost leaks and I don't know what the fuel pressure is but I don't think that is the issue. All observations I give are from the passenger seat however I can't really explain what he is feeling. He was gonna call South Bend the other day and get their input.

Did you even bother to read the post above you where he says NO BOOST LEAKS?

Back