Clutch that can haul loads and clamp full boost shifts

mhuppertz

I am finally looking for a new clutch, the LUK Gold still had good friction, but I think the pressure plate has issues because I can't hardly get it in and out of gear, guessing something is warped or bent.
To be fair I have drag raced this clutch a few times and speed shifted it under boost quite a few times, although it would only clamp 1-2 then 2-3 before not wanting to clamp without a little lift.
I need a clutch that will handle abuse consistently and still allow me to haul heavy on occasion.
Looking for personal experience advice. I am nervous about South Bend, and there are a lot of less expensive solutions that look pretty good, but I need some real world advice. It's a big expense, can't afford to get it wrong.
Thanks much for any insight!
​​​​​​​NV4500

A dual disc is your only option, down side to that is they are slow to shift, due to the extra weight and mass.

Running a dual disc clutch, leave in 3rd, then just shift once to 4th, on a stop light "race"

I have a couple of yrs on a south bend organic dual disc and its been a great clutch, the Vilair I had before that was also just as good.

Back