Cold start with edge 50 hp inj.

Turbonetics TQ

Turbonetics Turbochargers
Any body run the smallest EDGE injectors that lives in the cold?(wyoming cold)
I have an 01 with an hot rod pump and the truck struggles to start, even when plugged in. I can put in a much much bigger Dynomite diesel inj and it starts no problem, even a -5 morning not plugged in. intake heater works fine it just seems to be the EDGE injectors.

It was an H.O. motor but I put a set of S.O. pistons in it

Did you just do nozzles? If so did you have them pop tested to make sure they were all opening when they are suppose to?

Sounds like a thrown together set of injectors striking again, there is a reason they are sold cheap. Yank them out and have a good shop give'em the once over.

If they were complete Jammer stage 1s then there is something wrong with them. I still think the pop preasures are off on them.

I run the stage 4's all year round and see temps into the -50's farenheight and my rig starts up great...I always plug it in when it gets below 25 degrees. Like everyone else said, take them out and take them to a good diesel shop and have them pop tested and what not.

Turbonetics TQ said:
Any body run the smallest EDGE injectors that lives in the cold?(wyoming cold)
I have an 01 with an hot rod pump and the truck struggles to start, even when plugged in. I can put in a much much bigger Dynomite diesel inj and it starts no problem, even a -5 morning not plugged in. intake heater works fine it just seems to be the EDGE injectors.

It was an H.O. motor but I put a set of S.O. pistons in it

Turbonetics TQ said:
they were new injectors from Diesel Dynamics

Sorry, but I'm getting a bit confused here, you ask about Edge injectors, then say they are Diesel Dynamics?? If they are brand new from DD I would give them a call and see what they want you to do, most likely send them back since there is obviously a problem. If it's Edge injectors you are having trouble with I'd still pull them to let a local shop give the suckers a once over, something is not right.

I got them from DD but I was told that they were EDGE. I could be wrong its been soo long from purchase. I just put my Dynomite Diesel injectors in and it fires just fine.
I think I will try and find a fuel shop and see about pop checking the injectors

also I think Diesel Dynamics was some how a part of EDGE but I dont think they are in business anymore

DD was a separate company to the best of my knowledge, but with Edge getting bought they could very well have been aquired, I just don't know. Regardless, taking what you have by a good shop sounds like the best idea to me.

DD was owned by Edge & have been shut down.All the complete injectors from Edge had their logo inscribed on the bodys that I have seen.

Back