Color Matched Headlights

SAK

I'm going fast mama.
Well I pulled the gun yesterday and disassembled my headlights. Took me 5 hrs yesterday to just do one of them. Did the other one today and it took me 3 hrs. The hardest part was getting all the glue out of the headlight after you get it apart. That took the longest time.

Here are some pics of the progress.

Lens separated from the backing:
HPIM0335.jpg

Chrome bezel taken out of the lens:
HPIM0338.jpg

Painted bezel:
HPIM0341.jpg

Bezel back in lens:
HPIM0342.jpg

Installed back in the truck:
HPIM0344.jpg

The truck is filthy, I'm going to wash it tomorrow and get some better pics, but here's the whole front end:
HPIM0345.jpg

Wish you would have painted the reflector too!

Truck draws enough attention to itself, don't need a cop pulling me over for no side marker light.............

Gotcha. I painted over mine. No problems so far! Knock on wood. Plus saw a 6.4 at SEMA that had the headlights painted black with the sidemarker painted too. Looked good.

Dex u got me thinking now about pulling them apart again. Maybe I will just get them done by a pro so they can mix the blue and clear so the marker is still visible.

I would. Second time will be easier to pull em apart if you used rtv silicon. I did. I wanted to do mine body color, but knew I was gonna black out the truck, so I just did mine black. I say either have em redone and have the amber reflector painted over or tinted with candy black or something like that. Or just do the whole housing in black instead of blue. You might like it! Also get some LED turn signal bulbs for that housing too. They would get rid of all amber color in the daytime. Look clear but light up amber. I got mine from superbrightleds.com for like 8$ each.

Shoot me a text tomorrow, Friday and I will picture message you a pic of that 6.4 at SEMA that was all blacked out.
918-231-9213
Dex

Will do, I have the silverstar bulbs for the markers, so they dont look amber till there turned on.

Baked the light in the oven at 200* for 10 min and started prying it apart slowly, once the glue cooled down I put back in and repeated til I got the whole lens off.

Weather hasn't been very cooperative, but finally got some new pics.

HPIM0357.jpg

HPIM0353.jpg

HPIM0354.jpg

HPIM0358.jpg

HPIM0359.jpg

Looks great, I want to do the same with my truck, baking my lights just makes me nervous

Back