Columbus Diesel 5K Kit ?

Oilburner

Throttle = Stress Relief
After the initial click and adding five additional clicks as per the instructions the inner spring has no preload on it. It's not much but enough to make me nervous. I would think you wouldn't want that spring floating around. Anybody installed this kit and run into this? Thanks, Lon

Thanks for the help. So, finished the install and fired up the truck. Idle set screw is bottomed out and my idle is at 1800rpm. Just at tad too high for me??? Seems awfully light on the nut to back it off two to three clicks to bring my idle down??? Thanks Again, Lon

Went to three clicks after initial and idle came down to where I could adjust it. Going to drive now. Thanks Again, Lon

Retorque then full throttle... It is soooo hard not to give it some juice!!! Runs good though. Sensitive throttle with the new GSK. And going to do some tranny tuning. But its there finally after two months down. Lon

Glad to hear you've got your truck up and running again Lon! I sure have been happy with my truck since Jay bumped my timing for me. I need to do some tweaking on my Governor springs also.

Justin

Right on Justin!!! Went out last night and started dialing in the wastegate. High rpm's equal huge temps!!! But with the new goodies in the motor and tranny, flipping manual lock-up bringing the rpm's down and this thing pulls clean through and hard. With a wopping 1200 degrees showing on the pyro!!! More tranny and wastegate tuning and I'm going to be a real happy camper. Can't wait to get it to the track now!!! Lon

Back