Comp D Invitational RESULTS

DavidTD

DPM
We would like to thank everyone for a great first year event.

Competition Diesel.com as title sponsor. The hardwork you guys put into this event was great.

All of our sponsors, vendors, competitors, and fans that came out to see many "first" at the event.

Scheid Motorsports gets a huge congrats for being the first to bust the 6 second barrier in a diesel powered drag vehicle and setting our first Top Diesel record at 7.11 @ 193 mph.

First LD diesel Monster truck to crush cars at a diesel event.

Darren Morrison for getting to put some miles on his new Pro Stock Diesel truck. This one should be fun to watch.

And Phil Taylor who came out in a new truck and against a very competitive field, goes home with the winning check and trophy for Unlimited Street.

Many went away with personal best, including Matt Wells with an 11.53 out of his 260k mile daily driver. Ty Maitland getting his first 11 second pass in the MegaCab and I know there are more.

What a great time, and I am already looking forward to 2009.

Competition Diesel.com Invitational

Results

Top Diesel
Winner – Bo Layne – Scheid Motorsports
Runner-Up – Chad Riley

Pro Stock Diesel
Winner - Darren Morrison – Pro Street Diesel
Runner-Up – John Robinson – Texas Diesel Power

Unlimited Street
Winner – Phil Taylor – Garmon’s Diesel Performance
Runner-Up – Kevin Meredith – TS Performance
Semi-finalist – Jeff Garmon – Garmon’s Diesel Performance

Quick Diesel
Winner – Joel Greathouse – TS Performance
Runner-Up – Brian Carter
Semi-Finalist – Jim Layden
Semi- Finalist – Brad Morse

ET Bracket

Winner – Keving Meredith – TS Performance
Runner-Up – Joel Greathouse – TS Performance
Semi-Finalist – David Elrod – Garmon’s Diesel Performance
Semi-Finalist – Brian Buchanan

It was a Great event..A whole lot of Record First.

I'd like to thanks NADM for all there work. Also Jason and the Whole Alabama International Dragway for there hard work on the track. Two thumbs up to those guys!

Thank you to everyone for putting on one of the best events I've ever attended....Got to race for the first time and witness the quickest ever Diesel Run and to see Darren make an Awesome clean pass!!!!

Another big Thank You to Jeff Garmon for all his help, coaching and great friendship!!!!!!!

It was great to meet so many new faces.....I hope to being seeing many of you at future events!!!!!

Thanks again everyone!!!

you are the man Dave ! Thanks to you and the NADM crew... to name a few ( Ron, the picture taking madman, Deter who doesn't miss a thing :) ... oh, btw... your wife wants a raise :hehe: )

Lets not forget Mike & Jamey the dynomaniacs. They thought it was time to pack up but, that's when they really had to go to work :bang

Everyone's efforts are much appreciate :clap:

It was a Great event..A whole lot of Record First.

I'd like to thanks NADM for all there work. Also Jason and the Whole Alabama International Dragway for there hard work on the track. Two thumbs up to those guys!

Thanks everyone for the kind words, and Phil, I 100% agree with you about the track staff. They wanted Scheid to have every possible chance to bust the 6 and did everything they could to make sure all day the track surface was sticky. End result, 1 broken pinion by Garmon, 1 sheared driveshaft by Chad Riley in the Roadster, two output shafts (one Morrison, one Layden) and one 6 second pass courtesy of Bo Layne and Scheid Diesel. :rockwoot:

That fellas was track prep at it's finest.:rockwoot:

thanks and had a blast, except for the fire on the way home

After what I saw you eat and drink this weekend I undertand why you were on fire! :hehe:

No kidding you had a fire on the way home? What caught on fire?

Smokin?

Dave, Ron, and the rest of the NADM crew git a big thumbs up from me, they worked hard to get it all right and it showed.

Jason (track owner) gets HUGE props from me, when it was time for Schied to make a run that night he had his personal comp car out laying down rubber just so they could have the BEST hooking surface possible :rockwoot:

To all the competitors who came out and ran, Thank You!

Also, I'd like to thank David Dunbar. David, this would not have happened had you not laid the ground work. Thank you! :rockwoot:

:clap:thanks everybody from all of us down here in Alabama!! we had a great time and hope yall come back soon!!:rockwoot:

Back