Comp turbo?

I agree with what your saying, i clearly had a different experience with him than you did.
Oh well..i try anything once, we'll see how it works out.

owner is in my football pool. good guys. just slow to deliver sometimes.

I would still really like to try their stuff, seemed like good guys with good chargers, but my budget is tight enough I have to go with what I know will work the first time, not what might work awesome according to someone I don't know personally.

I get that, but having talked to Justin a few times, the only numbers he would give me were "it will flow way more than a comparable charger from anyone else" There are about four guys on the planet I'll buy from when they say something like that, everyone else has to give me numbers to get me to buy.

So I suppose that means you have scratched precision chargers off of your list?

They don't flow their compressor wheels. They don't even have an in house gas bench, and send their units out to a third party for doing the SFI burst testing.

IMHO compressor maps are over rated when most of us run these chargers well outside of the posted maps anyways... PR's of 6+ on a single aren't published in any maps I know of, yet lots of us run there.

A couple of my friends were having surging issues (singles and I can't remember the size) on their 3rd gens. Could never get them figured out.

So I suppose that means you have scratched precision chargers off of your list?

They don't flow their compressor wheels. They don't even have an in house gas bench, and send their units out to a third party for doing the SFI burst testing.

IMHO compressor maps are over rated when most of us run these chargers well outside of the posted maps anyways... PR's of 6+ on a single aren't published in any maps I know of, yet lots of us run there.

You have a pretty good point I guess, PTE is known though, as are many others, I'm not saying their stuff isn't good, just that how do I know? At the time I couldn't find anyone running their stuff and the only info I could get was straight from them with no solid numbers, so I ran something I knew would work, maybe not as good, maybe better, but definitely going to work.

Comps baddest 2.6 turbo they could build said it would outflow hx60s 3200$ later and a turd it gets destroyed by e.ds s400 2.6 turbo, I knew just looking at it it was a horrible design, they did even have a descent map, not to mention the chunks of metal in the map groove, idk what they use for machine it but I, nor the customer was very happy with the results.

Dyno graph, made 1 pull with e.d charger at same pulse and everything as comp, I will tune e.d charger in more for a end result but I wanted same day, same tune comparisons..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 0
I would love to two of their tripple bb turbos on my truck, but the wife would kill me haha.

I got a Comp 67mm it has done its job well.
If someone wants to try it out make me a offer. It has about 5000 miles on it. It was on my '11 SS Camaro. Makes a easy 650HP. With a sleeved, bored, forged LS7 coming soon I'm thinking twin 9180 EFR's. ?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381644199.316781.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381644228.833207.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1381644247.149687.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1381644341.266467.jpg

Last edited:
I talked with Justin about the 76/87 Triple BB for use as a secondary and for that purpose I could see it being a great turbo cause after the primary gets moving you need more flow from the secondary's turbine than you do running it as a single.

For that purpose I could see it working great. For a single....well, I've seen more negative than positive for top end. The low end seems to do fantastic but just doesn't have the push at top end with the zero trim turbine.

Just my 2 cents

I ended up with a GTX42 just for reference due to a trade rather than the sale of my GTX47 or I would be running a comp

Danny....
Did you make any changes to the tuning at all when the last run was made?.

The two chargers look almost identical when you made the first pull,then the last pull with the ED it gains 110HP over its first run.......I'll call BS on this one.

You can not dispute the numbers but I say you made a tuning change to get the bigger ED charger lit and rolling and it shows with the 110hp gain.

Why even get into this thread if you can not post factual info using the same tunes for both chargers across the board?.

Danny....
Did you make any changes to the tuning at all when the last run was made?.

The two chargers look almost identical when you made the first pull,then the last pull with the ED it gains 110HP over its first run.......I'll call BS on this one.

You can not dispute the numbers but I say you made a tuning change to get the bigger ED charger lit and rolling and it shows with the 110hp gain.

Why even get into this thread if you can not post factual info using the same tunes for both chargers across the board?.

I'm not typically a finger pointer but I call bs too.
Did you tell them you want a charger with a 2.6 inducer? The biggest turbo they make that is close to a 2.6 inducer is a 67mm, and thats still a 3.0". Was it the cast center section Journal Bearing with standard wheel by any chance?
Or did you tell them "build me the baddest 2.6 charger you have" as you previously said? If so what was the specs?
We all know there is a big difference and it seems half the story was left out. Again im not another jackass calling bull ****, just want the facts.
I personally dont care if my Comp works or it doesnt, i just wanted to try something new and see how it works.

Sure, but if it was so awesome, why not stay with comp instead of looking at efr's?

My first guess would be due to the turbine on the EFR being a gamma-ti vs comp's turbine being inconel. Last I read the gamma-ti is 50% lighter than the traditional inconel counterpart so it should in theory spool substantially faster.

But that's just a guess

Back