Comparison

chizwizdiz

Master Lurker
The more I play around inside EFI Live, the more I learn. With that being said, I used the compare feature to see the difference between my box tuner and stock tune. I've found that there is only like a 7% difference in most tables, and most of the difference seems to be in row 18.

So, when the truck is stock, it's a turd. When it was tuned with my box tuner, I thought it felt great, so is there really only a 7% difference between fun and boring? Or am I not really comparing apples to apples?

After looking at some "Box" tuners...I decided to NOT use then to aid in my tuning. They are nothing more than added to stock tables, which are all messed up anyways.

I'd suggest using your stock file and add/smoothing from there, instead to trying to reverse engineer a tune from a box tuner.

Of course its up to you...enjoy EFI..its a blast once you get a handle on it.

7% can be alot as stated above...but a lot of times its the little things they do when combined together can make 7% feel like alot.

~Les

Last edited:
After looking at some "Box" tuners...I decided to NOT use then to aid in my tuning. They are nothing more than added to stock tables, which are all messed up anyways.

I'd suggest using your stock file and add/smoothing from there, instead to trying to reverse engineer a tune from a box tuner.

Of course its up to you...enjoy EFI..its a blast once you get a handle on it.

7% can be alot as stated above...but a lot of times its the little things they do when combined together can make 7% feel like alot.

~Les

it's not so much how much, but where they make there tweaks. I've taken a stock LB7 tune and done some small tweaks to it(mainly smoothing, advancing the timing, and removing some of the torque limiters) and had a strong running tune by comparison to stock.

Back