Compound Feed/Drain Lines

TruckYou

Im at a point in my build where the engine is about to swap into the truck, and I'm rounding up everything (hopefully) I will need

One thing I need yet is oil feed and drain for the turbos. In running s300/S400 compounds. I would like to put together some braided lines. Has anyone done this? Any idea the fittings needed for block and turbo?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I haven't done this yet but I bought everything to do it. I purchased the fleece -10AN press in block drains, and turbo drain adapters. Then went on summit and ordered -10AN stainless line a couple 45 degree -10an fittings and a few straight ones. I'm running -6an feeds.

I'm running 6an feeds also, don't worry about the correct AN fitting that matches the o-ring fitting in the oil filter housing, just drill it out an tap it to the next size pipe thread. Common easy to get after that.

I'm running 6an feeds also, don't worry about the correct AN fitting that matches the o-ring fitting in the oil filter housing, just drill it out an tap it to the next size pipe thread. Common easy to get after that.
Any idea what size this is, that your talking about opening it up too?

This engine will be my first go at compounds, so please don't mind the noobish questions. But in order to go from the factory style single oil feed, to dual feeds (in for each turbo) how is this aquired? Will I need to drill and tap the oil filter housing, and add another fitting for another feed line?

Also, how do you guys combine 2 drains into 1, into the OEM drain location?

Last edited:
After some more research, I see guys talking about popping out a freeze plug to access a oil drain port that's already in the block. The write up I was reading was on a newer truck, do these 12v have the drain port hidden behind the freeze plug also? If so, where exactly?

One block, two holes. Additional casting at the rear.
72ef1a9c53fe85caee350b4582491f20.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Thank biggy 238! That's good to know. I'm guessing it's located behind the oil cooler?

IV been shopping for fittings, and beginning to get frustrated by my lack of knowledge in this dept lol. For the drains I'll need 2 of the O ring style -10 fittings for the block, then I was thinking a 45 degree -10 fitting to go from the hose to the drain, 2 sections of -10 hose, another -10 45 degree fitting from the hose to the turbo, and I'll need a -10 drain flange for each of the turbos...

Does this sound accurate? Most of my confusion is due to the drain flanges, as some companies sell some flanges intended for t3/T4 turbos, and others sell t6 drain flanges, but the t6 flanges are intended for -12 hose. (My s300 is t3, and s475 t6)

I would suggest looking at the kits from Fleece performance unless you really feel compelled to piece it all together.

The port below and behind the oil cooler is the original location. STORM blocks adopted the rear port.

I would suggest looking at the kits from Fleece performance unless you really feel compelled to piece it all together.

I went this route on my drains and used Fleeces 7/8 hose drains and Vulcans hose to block with O-ring seal. I opted for 2000* silicone 7/8 hose to run between.

The 7/8 is basically same as -10.

I'm just not a fan of braided hoses when having to work with them.

Also if I remember correctly the factory oil bracket feed is an o-ring M10 pitch. Also -6 some people get scares of, but I've never had any issue. I'd hate the thought of burning up a turbo due to not enough oil under load.

Stainless diesel has everything thing you need

So does Carl Douglass

As well as industrial, Pusher, basically anyone who sells compound kits.

Very easy to call them and tell them what you need.

Very seldom have I ever saved money by trying to piece things together vs just buying from a manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such long posts to reiterate....

I wouldn't recommend the fleece kits. I spent more time and money on the fleece oil line kits than if I just bought the fittings and made my own hose from the get go. The descriptions on application for their oil drain and feed line kits is lacking.

Last edited:
OK, so look at someone's kits, just so long as it's not Fleece's kits, please God don't look at theirs.

Back