Compound turbo build and other updates

e6b678343842fa98d91749b9f733bb01.jpg

Swiped a fuel sump off eBay for 75 bucks looks decent. Does anyone have problems with more debris getting thru with a sump? I had a inline fuel filter before the airdog but i wanna get rid of the restriction if possible

Sent from phone

Only initially because I missed some of the plastic shavings from drilling. I haven't noticed dirtier than normal filters or anything.

e6b678343842fa98d91749b9f733bb01.jpg

Swiped a fuel sump off eBay for 75 bucks looks decent. Does anyone have problems with more debris getting thru with a sump? I had a inline fuel filter before the airdog but i wanna get rid of the restriction if possible

Sent from phone

Geez you stole that thing!!!

Sump installed, was hoping my fuel pressure would go up but I guess the drawstraw still worked ok.. better off this way tho.

Has anyone has trouble with their fuel pressure bouncing? Starts bouncing around after it warms up, seems to smooth out off idle. This is the second gauge and it does the same thing so I don't think its the gauge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqySlXBEk2Q

Last edited:
Pressure reading can bounce if you have too much restriction on the suction side that causes air bubbles to form and then collapse once pressurized.

Pressure reading can bounce if you have too much restriction on the suction side that causes air bubbles to form and then collapse once pressurized.

Got a sump and 1/2" line feeding the airdog idk doesn't seem restricted

retorqued the head, slid the plate forward and bumped the timing to 30-32*. Only did a couple pulls in 3rd but damn! feels good according to my butt dyno:hehe: gonna adjust the gate a bit and hopefully dyno it tomorrow and do some 1/8 mile

758hp 1265tq on a dynojet. Was laggy as hell and couldn't get it loaded good. Guy said he saw 50 psi not sure if he was looking at the right gauge tho I was seeing 80 last night

Sent from phone

Sounds Like a fun day:Cheer:
Wallaceracing optimal run off your mph.
60 Foot 1.60
330 Foot 4.63
660 Foot 7.27
660 MPH 93.5
1000 Foot 9.56
1/4 Mile ET 11.52
1/4 Mile MPH 115.01

So, still gotta fiddle with the wastegate but I think i'm getting close to maxing out the lil t3 s363/68/.7 on the mani. Right about 800hp based on track times. Seeing around 80 psi total, 50 in the interstage pipe, 100+ drive at 3800 rpm. Which shows its not compounding very well and a bottleneck. thinking about another sxe66 with a .80ish t3 housing to help keep it drivable

I got carried away sled pulling and melted a couple holes down I think. oops. debating throwing a stock drivetrain in this heavy beast and building a dedicated truck someday

may have jumped the gun on melting ****, but its still pretty hurt lol. started after a ton of ether and has a crap load of blowby

Broken or butted rings? Scored cylinder walls and lowish compression from the poor sealing?

Just a guess...

Probably pretty close, my next performance motor will have more PTW clearance and proper ring gap for high heat...

Probably pretty close, my next performance motor will have more PTW clearance and proper ring gap for high heat...

That's all that's done to my motor really. .008 PTW and ring gaps on the high side of recommended. Can't remember the exact gaps I went with off the top of my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back