Compound Turbo Filters & Intakes

Thekid760

I'm getting ready to run Compounds so I had a few questions.

What are you all running for filters? any Part numbers & dimentions?

What about intakes? Will a 6" fit, or is it best to just use a 6" filter with a reducer?

Any filters I should stay away from?

Post them pics!

I used AFE's so called race filter with a 6" flange. Part # 24-91026. I am so running it on my single now with an exhaust reducer. I'd post pics, but can't seem to do it from my phone.

The surface area is probably the same, you just have to decide which filter is better quality and which will fit where you want.

EDIT: Just did the match, the S&B has 188.7 sq inches of surface area and the AFE has 254 sq inches of surface area not included the inverted top.

Last edited:
Yes, but was also looking at price, the s&b is half the AFE.

That's also why Im looking for input, not much talk on here about filters...

Misspelling courtesy of my fat fingers...

afe makes one 14" long that what i ran

IMG00102.jpg

Depends on what piping configuration you use, what style truck 2nd, 3rd gen? Lots of different variables and a dozen or so options

I run the 12 inch s and b. from verocious motorsports. Also move the battery back in the 01 and found enough room in the 95 to put the second battery on the drivers side. This lets you use a 45 degree pipe and stick the filter up in the corner.

my #1 rule of air filters: BIGGEST ****ER YOU CAN CRAM UNDER THE HOOD. +100 COOL POINTS IF SHEETMETAL HAS TO BE CUT TO ACCOMMODATE.

Aside from that, I tend to gravitate toward AFE.... there's not much 'testing' data going on for filter resistance.

I agree Hurley, just like hammers & pry bars, bigger is better!

It seems AFE, S&B, & Amsoil Nano are the most common.

My truck is a 12v, battery in the stock location, standard piping routing.

a2emy9y7.jpg

I agree Hurley, just like hammers & pry bars, bigger is better!

It seems AFE, S&B, & Amsoil Nano are the most common.

My truck is a 12v, battery in the stock location, standard piping routing.

a2emy9y7.jpg

Um, I think there has been some copy writing going on here in this post.....

lol

Haha, I wondered if you'd chime in. Lol

Headcase: That's what I had in mind. It seems the 6" filter selection is much better than 5". So was going to run 5" piping w a 6" reducer like your single pictured.

Last edited:
Headcase: That's what I had in mind. It seems the 6" filter selection is much better than 5". So was going to run 5" piping w a 6" reducer like your single pictured.

Those are also my compounds and they are done the same way. 5" pipe with a reducer to a 6" inlet filter. Same filter on the single. That picture of the compounds sucks, it's the only one I could find without going through 100 pages of a thread I started on CF.

Back