Compounds: Gate/No gate

Nor'Easter

Fixing to order some parts for my compound build, for those that are running them do you prefer to have an external gate in addition to the one on the top turbo? HX35/HT3B or similar.

What size exhaust housing is on the HX35? Just port the gate on the HX and you should be good to go. Id sell the HX35 and throw down a couple hundred bucks for an HE351 tho

Sticking with the VE? If so i dont see you running the rpm to need an external gate

Sticking with the VE? If so i dont see you running the rpm to need an external gate

Yes, sticking with it. Also not set on a secondary, I don't have one yet. Was planning on stock HX35 but it is 12cm, so I guess the 351 would be less involved.

Yes, sticking with it. Also not set on a secondary, I don't have one yet. Was planning on stock HX35 but it is 12cm, so I guess the 351 would be less involved.

Either way i think you'll be fine with the internal gate. Wallow it out as much as you can if your worried about it.

I highly doubt you will need an external gate for those twins. Save your money

I ran an A3k/5k setup (57mm/71mm) with an internal gate...was nearly 1:1 boost to drive at 60psi. Now at 68psi and it just keeps driving the big charger harder the more fuel I throw at it. Small charger is still gating plenty at 3300rpm...at 5K might not be the same thing, but for a street truck an internal is usually fine.

Also...don't close the gate....boost went up by 5psi and drive by 37psi...and made LESS power.

Back