Compressor Wheel Upgrade

it said that that was a stock intercooler off a 7.3L. So why would I want a stock one?

They got other ones as well and if you want to spend the bucks you can buy a Banks kit for 1,500!
The purpose of an intercooler is to lower egt's to give you more usable power when your truck is performance chipped etc.
Simply meaning you can use the power there without having to back out to keep egt's down.
It will not give it better performance per se you just can use what's there better.
And I do not think the banks or other high dollar kits will perform much better, only thing I wish I had maybe gone with a 6.0 cooler, much bigger. Didn't see any of them on there right now.
Is your truck chipped yet?

I'm running a stock superduty intercooler, its a heak of a lot better than nothing, and good aftermarket can be a little pricey.

$150 for a good aluminum one ins't to bad of a deal. I think I gave that for the plastic one I'm running

so how the heck do I rig up the elbows that feed from the intercooler into the intake turbo or how exactly does it all work especially if I have a custome cold air intake on my truck? :bang

They got other ones as well and if you want to spend the bucks you can buy a Banks kit for 1,500!
The purpose of an intercooler is to lower egt's to give you more usable power when your truck is performance chipped etc.
Simply meaning you can use the power there without having to back out to keep egt's down.
It will not give it better performance per se you just can use what's there better.
And I do not think the banks or other high dollar kits will perform much better, only thing I wish I had maybe gone with a 6.0 cooler, much bigger. Didn't see any of them on there right now.
Is your truck chipped yet?

Yeah. I have a TS 6 pos. chip with stock, high idle, and up to 140 HP settings. :st:

plus when you throw injectors on there...EGT's will be through the roof

so how the heck do I rig up the elbows that feed from the intercooler into the intake turbo or how exactly does it all work especially if I have a custome cold air intake on my truck? :bang

Take the thing off the front of the turbo and look at the one on the 99 and up trucks. Make something similar.

You'll need an early 99 spider/y pipe two cold side pipes and add 4" to the top of the hot pipe.At least I Think thats how I'm gonna do mine...?

turbo

you can upgrade your compressor wheel to the one that comes on the garret powermax turbo 66mm. you will need to have the cover machined to fit the wheel and you will have a "d66" turbo for a 1/3 of the cost and thats rebuilding it included.

you can upgrade your compressor wheel to the one that comes on the garret powermax turbo 66mm. you will need to have the cover machined to fit the wheel and you will have a "d66" turbo for a 1/3 of the cost and thats rebuilding it included.

Too complicated for me haha.

complicated?

isn't that what you was originally asking for? a upgraded wheel? nothing complicated very simple. if you can take R&R the turbo you can change the wheels out. let the turbo shop machine the compressor housing for you.

isn't that what you was originally asking for? a upgraded wheel? nothing complicated very simple. if you can take R&R the turbo you can change the wheels out. let the turbo shop machine the compressor housing for you.

yeah. I guess. I just get nervous when I deal with turbo stuff because I heard the specs gotta be pretty spot on or stuff wont run up to par:charger:.

turbo

never looked into the backing gtp38r backing plate comp cover. just the cheapest way to machine the oem cover and not loose the correct outlet to the spyder.

Back