compund twin problems

bignazty

i recently modified my 06 cr, I took the stock turbo and put it on top of aurora 6500 turbo and I modified the stock turbo a little. As I was testing the truck the snap ring on the back of the HE351 turbo blowed off at about 30psi boost I do not think that when I installed the snap ring back I didn't have it in properly, this resulted in the compressor wheel on the cold side to be destroyed. After some thought I was think about a billet wheel after looking at the price of them I decided not cause I could almost buy the hole HE351 turbo for same price. Just wondering if any body had any input on another turbo beside the HE351 turbo to go back with I need something quick spooling. I need it to be street able. Should I go back with a stock HE351 looked at A3k, what other options could I look at. Or just any other input on it.:nail:

s300g would be great but a he351 would be cheaper. just my $.02

Pin/lock the housing. I have seen them rotate with inlet pressure causing the snap ring to dislodge from its groove.

that prolly what happened I bought a borg warner turbo, a drop in replacement. to fix I got one that bolts instead of the snap ring just don't want it happing it again.

:st:

I'd get a 351 and mod it, for the price and spool up it can't be beat.

Back