Computech DataMaxx tach question

zukman86

For the guys running a Computech Datamaxx how are you connecting your tach up to the l;ogger? Are you using the factory magneto? And just setting the logger to read it? Mine works once and a while and when it does it is reading twice as high as it should be.

Call them. Their customer service is really good. I use Dakota digital box off the flywheel and use that for my tach and data logger.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
We run a input speed sensor to read off the balancer With two magnets . Hooked into the Mag port. Had the Dakota digital box on it last year but changed it over for a more positive reading. You can also run the Dakota box off the Alternator if you run one.

I have the speed sensor that comes with kit with both magnets. Where are you putting magenta on balancer? The factor magnetic wont run it?

I use a Dakota digital box using the "W" wire off the alternator

You need a specified clearance between the magnets and sensor i think

We put the two magnets 180 degrees apart on the balancer and set the gap at about 1/8 inch. Works perfect.

Ok very good thank you. I spoke with Matt at Computech back a month ago and was very helpful but he said for this I would be better off seeing what everyone on the forums was doing.

Ok very good thank you. I spoke with Matt at Computech back a month ago and was very helpful but he said for this I would be better off seeing what everyone on the forums was doing.

Really?????

Back