Congrats Ashley Black, another 6.7 in the 10's

Acorn 616

Finally got a clean pass, and ran a 10.77@119 on the brakes before the 1/4 mile traps. Should see some better times soon.........after I get my motor backLOL:poke:

Great job and also a great looking truck, I like the flat black. I think that 10.77 pass was just scratching the surface for that truck. Once you get use to driving it, it should fly.

Here's the time slip, I have a video but it's pretty shaky

56264523.jpg

I have to be honest guys. This 2wd scared the crap out of me. It pains me to say that, but its true. I never thought it would be so different than a 4wd. I've had some very good mentors on driving this thing and I think I just let it get in my head too much. I'll get more comfortable with some seat time and it should be in the 9's with very little effort. The truck is more than capable, I just gotta drive it. We gotta get Aron's motor out and into his truck. Then get the new motor back in this one, which will be a VERY budget friendly motor can guarantee, LOL. This thing has nickel and dimed us to death. Hopefully we'll be at the FASS Nats next month with all three trucks.

I wanna give a huge thanks to Phillip Palmer and Gary Ray for taking time to give me LOTS of advice on driving this truck.

Congrats on the times!!! what was in the other lane? 24 second 1/4 mile @ 124mph :hehe:

Those two wheels drives are sensitive to launch. If you get it bouncing before the launch, for get it. I got to take a Viper with large drag radials down the track a few time and yes, it scary.

I wanna give a huge thanks to Phillip Palmer and Gary Ray for taking time to give me LOTS of advice on driving this truck.

Gary?? Uh oh:D

Just kidding....I can actually blame Gary for my 1/2 ton...he wanted to sell it after his accident, so I helped him. Now 3 years later and it will finally run this year:D

Your truck looks awesome, BTW!
Chris

Looks great Ashley! Yeah, 2WD and 4x4 are two different kind of animals to drive!

Back