Congrats on the new best!

JQmile

Comp Diesel Sponsor
To Sutter1stgen!

14.5 at 90mph ain't too shabby, I think you had more left in the launch. Not bad for an old truck ;)

40psi is what you should see from that HX35, not total, LOL

I picked up 100hp going from 35psi to 60psi on my 89, and you have plenty of fuel, so I think if you can spin that big charger a little harder, you'll be on to something!

Thanks Jason. We are going to fix a big exhaust leak between the chargers here soon.

Keep screwing around with it and you'll break something.:hehe:

Congratulations on the new best.

RonA

No scales yet. There is a truck stop on hwy 99 that has a cert scale. I'll go see one of these days. I backed the pump off a half turn more, from the full turn away from runaway. Just to keep my temps down. I'll fix the exhaust leak and turn it all back up here soon.

Ron, I know something's going to give one of these days. But then I can through more money at it and make it stronger. Isn't that what this sport is all about? Hahaha. In all seriousness Theresa loves my hobby, but sometimes her eyes glow red like a posessed woman, when she looks at that brown heap. I'm glad you didn't break as well. Congrats on your new best.

Get the air and you'll get the pyro down....you should be 60psi or so with those injectors on board. BC proved you can go fast with a 12mm VE, no reason you can't be in the 13s or 12s too.

13s would be awesome. Not many 13 second cars in my area. 12s and the transmission may not like me.

Congrats. I'm assuming the truck is a light 2wd? (Can't see signatures on iPhone)

336261C8-5ED0-4BF5-AE86-28B2E54FC678-650-000001EEAFAA05AC_zpsc8549eb9.jpg

Well found the culprit. But broke a bolt in a sh!tty spot. Top turbos gotta come off and go on the bench for stud removal. Oh what a day. Can a fix ever go easy, or as planned?

Clean break, too! Just looks like a shorter shanked bolt than the one next to it.

Congrats on the run!

Those bolts are enormous. look like 3/4" or so. Mine are only half that big.

Yeah I think they stick into the exhaust flow and get real sooted up. And that makes them a pita to get out. I was missing 2/5 of the bolts. So clamping force was down by half. I may trim the bolts to the proper length and for sure put hi-temp neversieze on them. There was so much soot in the engine bay it wasn't even funny. My compressor wheel on my hx35 was chewed up as well. So I'm in the process of locating a wheel. Found a seven blade by itself for $79. I'm going to give this setup one more chance.

Congrats!

We will see how fast I go Saturday. I have a lift pump and a couple of other things to try.

B5ADF206-BED5-4DCC-9A9A-4A2A8EFE59A5-82-0000020523B1FE76_zps24bea379.jpg

Well I got the new 7 blade wheel and housing on, with all new gaskets. The truck is alot quieter. And the midrange has alot more pull, along with less smoke. Egts went down a 100 degrees. Hopefully I can keep my boots from blowing, and make some better numbers.

Back