Console for my Mega

HKkid

Thought you guys might like to see this. So I built a console for my 04 when I had it:

upholstered003.jpg

upholstered004.jpg

Well I got the mega and I wanted to do the same thing, but make this one better. So the build has begun with the help of a good friend that is a wood worker. Got a lot of work done today. Cut most of the pieces the other night, and started building today. This is what we ended the day with.

20140224_154152.jpg

20140224_154201.jpg

20140224_154210.jpg

20140224_154225.jpg

20140224_154230.jpg

20140224_154236.jpg

20140224_154242.jpg

20140224_162228.jpg

20140224_162235.jpg

It is partially wrapped now, just have to wrap the lids and it will be done in that regard. Going to trim out the inside of it with kydex. Gotta get the sub in and I'll be good to go.

I always thought about building one with the integrated factory arm rest/center console like the big horns have that folds up for a seat.

Since you have a Mega...why not sink the subs in the back?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yours looks good. I didn't want to give up the storage back there. And when I take my dogs I lay the seat down, so that way they have all the room. I have something interesting planned for the back wall if I can pull it off.

I saved most of the room. Especially when I realized the dang tool box came out so easy. LOL

Yeah, I started thinking about it, the other thing I hated was the stupid cup holders being on the floor. Driving down the road in the dark searching for your cup is a PITA.

4x4, you got anything else done to your mega worth seeing?

Nope...just a full console so I don't have to search for my cups. :hehe: And an 8 foot bed in the barn just dying for me to stretch this short ass frame.

attachment.php

Attachments

• moto_0727.jpg
    moto_0727.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 0
Nope...just a full console so I don't have to search for my cups. :hehe: And an 8 foot bed in the barn just dying for me to stretch this short ass frame.

attachment.php

Nice. I'm not quite ready for the stretching of the frame. While I do think they look BA that way, the wife already complains about how long it is. I don't need her running into things when she drives it.

Nice. I'm not quite ready for the stretching of the frame. While I do think they look BA that way, the wife already complains about how long it is. I don't need her running into things when she drives it.

And I'm sure you know the solution to that, correct? :hehe:

Take her keys away! LOL

It will be a pain to have a truck 20 inches longer than it is....but I really miss my aux fuel tank. I also want to move that B&W hitch back when I do it also. It does not need to be 6 inches in front of the axle on a +20ft long truck. That is stupid. This is my plan when I can cough up the money for the stretch kit and have a week to do it. I want it back like I had my '02. I'm going to build a Western Hauler style headache rack minus the headache part. Predominantly just a place to hang lights and a second IR camera.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Found a complete bed for $300. I just need to come up with a passenger side, smooth style, tail light for it. Apparently someone's kid shot a BB through it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0602.jpg
    IMG_0602.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 0
Right now she doesn't have a set. Only got one set with the truck. Waiting on my buddy to get me two keys. She wants back into her own truck, but that won't happen for awhile. Now if I can just get her away from those dang Fords.

That's going to look great when you're done. I'd love to get an aux tank or one of the Titan replacements. Don't really need it, but it'd be nice to have.

Back