conversion lines

cummins cowboy

Does anyone know of anybody other than Scheid that makes conversion lines? I have had nothing but trouble with their lines and see several flaws with the way they are built. I would like to find some from someone else and hopefully end the problems i have been having.

try zz fdab i know they custom bend lines. you might also try the plain steel lines they wont crack as easily.

Pier's used to do them. Might try calling him, or maybe one of his old shops to see if you can get a set.

sweet! thanks guys i will give them a shot.

So far in 700 miles I had 2 lines crack and 1 was damaged from the start in the first set i got. I put on a new set and had a heck of a time getting them to seat from the get go and after 400 miles i had 2 start leaking again for no reason and all of the seating surfaces on my dv holders and connector tubes are good. I hope Scheid stands behind them as I have spent $1400 on fuel lines. I was thinking of trying a set of their .093 plain steel lines but i know a guy who has completly blown the ends off of them.

I'm not liking my too much right now either. I can't get them to seal up at all.

I have three sets of there lines on my trucks 2 stainless .120's and 1 steel .093's and have never had a problem with any of them.

I've had the #2 line leak at the head twice. And the are very hard to reinstall. I'm gonna bend my own next time.

I've had the #2 line leak at the head twice. And the are very hard to reinstall. I'm gonna bend my own next time.

I was wondering why more people don't bend their own lines. It can't be that hard, can it?

I

My last set of new lines came from Haisley. For some reason they were off alot. Had to tweak them alot to get them to fit. I'd like to make a new intake cover plate with 2 holes in it to get more air to the back cyls. and then get someone to make custom lines for it.

My #1 line leaked at the head. Was replaced for free, but I wound up paying shipping back to them and paying for brokerage across the border.:bang

Doesn't Garrett sell unbent lines? Probably pretty easy to bend them to fit properly. Just making them look professional would be the hard part.

I'm not liking my too much right now either. I can't get them to seal up at all.

Thats the problem i had with the second set of lines i got. It took me an hour to get them to seal up when i put them on and they started leaking again after 400 miles and they were still tight and not cracked. I tried to get them to reseat and they leaked even worse when i fired it up. My connector tubes and dv holders are good. I sent the lines back to Scheid and I may just get a set of stock size plain steel lines instead and hopefully end the problems.

So far all the people i haved called get their lines from Scheid.

did you try polishing the ends with sandpaper. That usually works for me.

the set I helped install were off ALOT! may as well of bent them ourselves! Haisley was the common denominator.

I've pretty much got them all sealed up except for number 6. It still leaks like a sieve. It doesn't just seep, it acutally runs out. I've even switched around the connector tubes but the leak stays on #6 so I know its the lines.

I've pretty much got them all sealed up except for number 6. It still leaks like a sieve. It doesn't just seep, it acutally runs out. I've even switched around the connector tubes but the leak stays on #6 so I know its the lines.

How much have you driven it? I had a number 6 line on my truck crack after only 20 miles. And I had one on my 2nd set that took a lot of work to get sealed up.

Back