converter problem

daithi2

Nevermore
hey guys, couple months back i got a full billet 47rh setup from yall. i just finally got the chance to start stabbing it. my problem is the converter does not sit inside the bellhousing, it stick out past about an inch. it is on both sets of splines and when i set the converter inside the flexplate on the motor its about an inch from being able to put the bell housing bolts in.

i pulled the converter off and re-stabed it on the splines several times and it is goin on both sets fine. i pretty sure it wont go further because the converter is only 1/4" from bottoming out on the bellhousing when its on the tranny.

what am i missing? the converter is going all the way on the shafts, the converter seats fully inside the felxplate but im still an inch from being against the motor.

heres the converter yall sent me.
1250616831.jpg

this is how far it goes in. there is only about 1/4" clearence before it hits the bellhousing so i know its all the way on the shaft.

1250621635.jpg

Thats how the RH's convertors are. Mine was the same. You should be good to install. Maybe a tight fit in the centering hole in the flexplate.

Thats how the RH's convertors are. Mine was the same. You should be good to install. Maybe a tight fit in the centering hole in the flexplate.

Really? I got the verter lined up in the flexplate and it stabed and my bellhousing was a inch or so from the block.

I got your PM....I'll forward it to Phil Taylor (Slowpoke) and have him call you...

David

Mine converter did the same thing, however after some playing with it for a while it went on all the way. Keep workin on it, you'll get it on....ROB

All the converters are checked for height before they are installed or shipped. Keep fooling with it, turning it and pushing it, being sure it is headed in straight, you do not have it splined all the way. Feel free to call me. Sometimes they can be stubborn.

video, this is all the way splined?

if it is splined all the way, the pic below shows its going all the way into the flexplate..

1250643597.jpg

this isnt the first time ive done a transmission install, but right now i feel pretty lost.

Last edited:
You should have one more click, that will put it in all the way. Took me a good 15 minutes to get mine set properly..Hope you get it..ROB

You should have one more click, that will put it in all the way. Took me a good 15 minutes to get mine set properly..Hope you get it..ROB

ok, ill keep at it. just doesnt look like any more room behind there.

I just got it in like you did in the video then started very slowly turning clockwise and pushin like hell, it click once more and that did it. Let me know how it works for ya...Crack a beer and get pushin..:Cheer:

Rob is correct, one more to go. Do not get too rough, you could knock the seal out. Call me if you feel the need.

Rob is correct, one more to go. Do not get too rough, you could knock the seal out. Call me if you feel the need.

I would call ya..................but you would probably put me on hold. Again:kick:

Back