Converting from IDI to DI

Farmallgray

I'm just trying to gather info here. The question is general but my application is a 3 cylinder Kubota engine. I need to know what all factors need to be considered.

Here are some thoughts; The pistons will need to be custom made with bowls. The pre-chamber inserts will need removed and new ones made with provision for other injectors. I would think pencil injectors could be used.

The cylinder head design won't lend itself real well to changing the angle of the injectors.

What else do I need to think about? What about spray patterns on the injectors?

This is a pulling application and it will compete against a different brand of engine which is DI but they are almost impossible to find or big $$$ when you do.

I'm just trying to gather info here. The question is general but my application is a 3 cylinder Kubota engine. I need to know what all factors need to be considered.

Here are some thoughts; The pistons will need to be custom made with bowls. The pre-chamber inserts will need removed and new ones made with provision for other injectors. I would think pencil injectors could be used.

The cylinder head design won't lend itself real well to changing the angle of the injectors.

What else do I need to think about? What about spray patterns on the injectors?

This is a pulling application and it will compete against a different brand of engine which is DI but they are almost impossible to find or big $$$ when you do.

I'd bore the the injector area and pre cup out, and press in some custom slugs so you are starting with a blank sheet.

Back