Converting my Dually to single wheel

95taylor331

Gear Jammer
Im thinking about converting my dually to a single wheel, the bed is trashed and loose , the passenger side fender is cracked and not solid, as well as the rear bumper is smashed about 8"s into the bed under the tail light (I bought the truck like this), it crossed my mind to do a flatbed but im just not a flat bed fan, I found a single wheel bed off a 96 for $200 that's in perfect condition other than the clear coat is flaking off, the bed is white and my truck is silver but im not worried, Ive been planning on repainting the truck anyway, My question is what all would need to be changed? its my understanding that the rear end is wider than a single wheel, the other question I have is could I use spacers on the front to make the front and rear wheels the same offset or possibly keep the front wheel spacers on and have the same offset? Im sure Im forgetting some questions, feel free to add on to the list or anything you would recommend, Thanks in advance!

I swapped axles. I hindsight I would've just went the spacer route, was a bish finding an 80 single wheel and doing the swap....

The extra width of the DRW really isn't much. I ran mine with a DRW 80 in SRW app for about 6 months, other than you can see much more brake drum, and the hub is longer, you wouldn't know. I also have free spin hubs on the front that widens the front track width a bit, so it all looked pretty even. I'd have to check my notes, but off the top of my head, the DRW is about 2.5" wider than the SRW, WMS to WMS.

I did it and you can really tell while standing behind the truck. Ill be swapping in one soon

I did the measuring on it, the front was 76"s without the spacers and the rear was 78"s to the center of the rear wheels, so I would have to add 1" on each side if the front to make the wheels the same offset

Here is the progress I made tonight, I only got the wheels on, now that I have all 4's on I measured them again and the front to rear is 1" difference in width from the rear so 1/2" on each side is what I'll have to add on the front to make them the same, I may not even mess with it being that the measurements are so close , I can't tell the difference looking at it by eye

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374391031.883621.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374390798.494024.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374390798.494024.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 0
Back