cp3 regulator

Mwyant 00

Could someone tell me what a truck will do if the regulator on the cp3 is bad? If regulator is bad is it worth putting a mod. regulator in?

I was just told to change the regulator, not exactly sure the difference in the two, im new to the cr. This is what my truck is doing, and why i was told to change the reg. When the truck is cold it runs fine (Set pressure 7,xxx Actual pressure 5,xxx) then as the truck gets to about 140-150 degrees the set pressure started to drop and when it go to about 2,500 psi it started to idle rough started white smoking then at about 2,200 psi it died. Im up for suggestions right now.

maybe you mean the internal pressure regulator? never heard of one going bad

Is the internal pressure reg. something that is easy to get to. How hard is it to just swap the cp3, does that sound like it may help i know it cann't hurt. Has anyone heard of a truck acting like mine is?

Is the relief valve on the rail plugged or removed? Seen 1 that was fine cold but as soon as it got hot it started bleeding off pressure.

I think i checked that and it was removed. I bought this truck as a repo. and im working the bugs out, why would someone remove the relief valve? Where would be the best place to get one, and ill try that tomorow after i pick the truck up from the dealership cause they aren't going to work on it after it has been there for 3 weeks.

If plugging it would be a quick fix if how do you do it? I am rookie at the cr sorry for the dumb questions.

call walley at fte diesel and order a rail cap. its realy easy to swap out and fixed my problems

Back