CR build needing porting info

wcshale

Shale
I'm new to forums so forgive any indiscretions. My 5.9 is in the shop as we speak with the short block done and needing a head to finish. Mine is cracked. I want to buy a new factory head and have it ported. Any input on who is capable, experienced, and provides quality work?
as for the short block list..... coated bearings, fluid dampner, ARP top to bottom, Hamilton (188-220,109lc, extreme push rods, 103# springs) 12v rods, Mahle monotherm pistons, IIS 33% CP3, and Diesel Power Source 64 over 480 twins.
Thanks in advance

Welcome. Use the search function, and you will find all the info you are looking for. Don't get carried away with flow numbers that are out of reach for the camshaft you are planning on running.

I think the consensus is monotherms are ok on billet rods, but iffy on stock rods. You may want to look into that before going further.

because of the additional weight? I'm only running DDP 90 inj. and looking to turn under 4000. The twins and porting are to keep egt's down, the monotherms are for longevity.

Back