CR Injector Question

Hammer

Verbal Junk Author
I have searched,so before I get slammed for not doing this and I found no definitive answer on this......

I have 2 sets of II race injectors for my 2005 twins equipped CR.
One set is labeled 45LPM from them and the others which are currently in the truck are labeled 65LPM.

It seems there is a difference of opinion when trying to convert these numbers over to "percentage over stock".I was just told that a set of 200% over Exergys deliver much better low pulse fuel and the truck is hard pulling past 3900 where mine when we worked on it recently would run hard to 3200 and drop like a brick.

So I spent hours trying to find what,if any,conversion could be used to compare these injectors and ended up with my eyes all bugged out and nothing concrete to go on.I say its a tuning issue and am being told its an injector issue.

Any Ideas from the wealth of knowledge here is greatly appreciated......Andy

It's tough because of the cost for CR injectors. I've dealt with Exergy a number of times and I think removing an injector and letting them flow test it might be a good start without spending a lot of money. At least if you have Exergy flow them you'll know what you have. II is the last place I would buy any injection components for my p-pumped truck. Maybe their CR stuff is the same way.

For the most part, the labels are what the nozzles flowed, with air. They may or may not have anything to do with what you are seeing in the truck. There's still pintle lift, internal mods, etc. The dyno will tell you the most, I know some pullers that have tried 20 different sets trying to find power. At the level you're at, it's easiest to just copy someone who has already done the R&D.

It's tough because of the cost for CR injectors. I've dealt with Exergy a number of times and I think removing an injector and letting them flow test it might be a good start without spending a lot of money. At least if you have Exergy flow them you'll know what you have. II is the last place I would buy any injection components for my p-pumped truck. Maybe their CR stuff is the same way.[/QUOTE

Ron...
The injectors which I have came with the truck and have served me very well.i have no beef with Industrial at all,just questions that are unanswered when comparing them to other bands.having Exergy flow them would be an option but time is what we lack and I do not have the time to have my truck sit for 6-8 more weeks until Exergy can get to them.I find it very hard to believe that no one has a answer to this question.

For the most part, the labels are what the nozzles flowed, with air. They may or may not have anything to do with what you are seeing in the truck. There's still pintle lift, internal mods, etc. The dyno will tell you the most, I know some pullers that have tried 20 different sets trying to find power. At the level you're at, it's easiest to just copy someone who has already done the R&D.

Jason...
I will buy your theory on mods within the nozzle creating some variances but from what I have read and found out during exhaustive calls there is no one messing with the Cummins CR bodies and all the work is in the nozzle.I'd like to have that 80K to buy 20 complete sets of injectors to dyno test to find what the truck wants but that isn't even realistic.EVERY manufacturer I have talked with has told me how much better their product will perform and even gone on to bash others work/products.IMO its a shame no one can be honest with/about their product and their is no one scale to judge them by.I really have tired of the smoke and mirrors games being played CR Injector builders.

Might be time to just sell my truck and give this up.Man they way Injector builders act you would think they were racing SS/AH Hemi's and need a hundreth to get around someone.

II is the last place I would buy any injection components for my p-pumped truck. Maybe their CR stuff is the same way.

O, trust me. It is the same way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

It would be nice to keep this free of product/vendor bashing.

I would at least send them to Exergy, so you know what size injector you are dealing with.

Will.....
Thats s novel idea if I want to toss the towel in on the year.I am not interested in a 6-8 wait to find out.That will put me down until August and at that point its jackstands and its cover in the storage area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:
I know how you feel bud. I have researched this for years. The only thing i could come up with is there's no "set in stone conversion " Each manufacturer has there own method of flowing and rating these things. Example: based off the old rule of thumb 100hp cr injectors are 45% over and flow 30lpm.Ok well i used to run flux 4.5's which from what i was told don rates them at 45lpm; thus 4.5
but exergy flowed them and says there like 100% over stock and about 225hp overstock. So the hp and % ratings are in the same ballpark but the lpm rating is way off. Each manufacturer does there own internal mods like was said before and flows them on there own bench using there own method. So personally i dont think there can be a conversion table we can all go by and be accurate.

One flow tests with air...
One flow tests with liquid...
Not one equal standard to go by and nothing but a HUGE amount of Hype.
Ours are better than theirs,those are junk stay away from them,no no ours flow more than any others made.....sheeeesssshhhhh.......Nothing but Psychobabble!

The smoke and mirrors game is alot worse with CR parts than the older trucks,sheesh.

One flow tests with air...
One flow tests with liquid...
Not one equal standard to go by and nothing but a HUGE amount of Hype.
Ours are better than theirs,those are junk stay away from them,no no ours flow more than any others made.....sheeeesssshhhhh.......Nothing but Psychobabble!

The smoke and mirrors game is alot worse with CR parts than the older trucks,sheesh.

I agree 100% bud! Kinda reminds me of a bunch of politicians! !! They all say there better than each other and you can't hardly believe anything they say!

No one has a flow sheet from exergy for a set of II 65lpm injectors?

Liters per min, What an antiquated and useless rating. Your looking for mm3 per stroke and the actual hydraulic duration. Not to many shops can give you that and if they sound stumped when you ask move on.

I have had the same issues Hammer has had, no one has ever given me a strait answere especially with out bashing some one else.
I finally went with industrial injection cause they never changed their story when I asked questions about the injectors multiple times.

Tosses Hands In The Air And The Towel In!.......
I give up....Guess the grass thats getting taller than the bed will over run the sides soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Try Diesel Injection Service in Louisville, KY. The have a bosch test stand and are reasonably priced. I had mine tested about a month ago and they were within 3% between all 6. Total bill was around $300 and had them done the next day. They can provide a flow analysis/balance sheet if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside also.

Last edited:
I'll second Matt, Claude is top notch to deal with and they do great work. They are also Mass Flo Engineering. I think their website is Mass Flo Engineering. Performance Diesel.

Im running their nozzles and CP3, which Claude says the CP3 will support 800.....I will see about that.

One thing with him, he rates at RWHP, not flywheel. So the numbers will be a little different. Plus they are across the street from where I work, so being close to them is a plus!!

Oh by the way, if you call them, ask for Claude, DO NOT try and talk to the guys at the counter!!

Back