CR single turbo question

rpainter

I am soon going to be needing a new larger turbo for my 04.5 . I am wondering how big is too big for the common rail motor. I hear guys running turbos as big as 80 mm but with spinning only 4k is that really needed or not?? I do not tow with the truck it is just my little toy . Whaat size turbo should I look at for my truck??

what are your fuel mods and how fast you want to go?

I currently have a stage 3.5 cp3
250 hp injectors
P&P head
custom cam
24v rods
decompressed pistons
Not really looking to go fast just wanting something more reliable than the silver bullet than is on it now. I can hit 70+ psi on a good romp of the throttle with the converter locked

Had a K31 now a S475 when it comes out when complete with upgrades.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Stay away from the k-31 chargers. Go for a S-400 based charger. I run an ED S468 on my vp truck and I love it

A CR can spin a 483. Dual pumps a strong pressure box and a race cover are a must. It has been done and works well. Just difficult to figure out how to stay on top of it.

A CR can spin a 483. Dual pumps a strong pressure box and a race cover are a must. It has been done and works well. Just difficult to figure out how to stay on top of it.

How is that going ot do on the street?? I need a charger that will flow more air than my bullet but still be a little street friendly.

The K31 I was running was an Aurora 5000 it wasn't a bad charger just wanted to try something different.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

i would try a 475 with ta race cover and 83/74 turbine wheel in a .90 t4 housing it will spool pretty much the same as a 472 and be capable of mid upper 900's as far as hp goes. i ran one with a cam and stock head last year and dd the truck and even pulled my buddies 36' coose a couple times and it did ok. i think it is a really good all around turbo

hat exhaust wheel/ar combo were yu running on that 83?

Back