Cross member under the engine

sfulrath

I was wondering if anyone has ever cut out the cross member under the motor. I got my motor back last night. I tried to put it in the truck today and noticed that with the new girdle, the motor hits the cross member even with out the oil pan off. The girdle came from kenny pulling parts.

I have seen someone cut it out and replace it with one thats removable. I think your going to want to leave it there.

I've loosened the cab and jacked it up to gain alittle clearance when pulling motors

I cut part of mine out and welded a new 1 in closer to the front of the truck as a support to hold the engine in my soild setup. I see no issue with remove the stock 1 as long as you add another back in to hold the frame together

I've loosened the cab and jacked it up to gain alittle clearance when pulling motors

I believe he is refering to the oil pan hitting the cross member because the oil pan sits lower do to the girdle.

cut mine out and made it removeable then i added an additional one in front of it. no problems if you are going to cut it out add the second one before you cut the factory one. if the truck has ever been wrecked in the front it may have tension on it.

ted

I need to lower the cross member 3 inchs when the motor is sitting in the truck with no oil pan on the girdle hits

Back