Cryo'd NV4500

Valair1

Valair Inc. Clutch
Alright, I found a place to cryo all my gears, what about the shafts, should I send them as well, What about more heat treating? before cryo. I'm also gonna shim this thing really tight to as where it almost feels like a tight wheel bearing. I'm tired of breaking tranny's. anybody tried this before?

Where is this place at Dan? I need to get mine done while i have the engine torn apart

My 5600 survived my load cell dyno runs after cryo. I was honestly worried it would break.

Where is this place at Dan? I need to get mine done while i have the engine torn apart

Matt, I dont know if they do it for the general public, but you can call them 800-325-6138 Ace-Racing in sullivan MO ask for Justin. Tell him Dan sent you.

Matt, I dont know if they do it for the general public, but you can call them 800-325-6138 Ace-Racing in sullivan MO ask for Justin. Tell him Dan sent you.
Ok Dan I appreciate it. I may try to get mine done this spring while Mike and I have the engine out. Now I need a nv5600 2wd transmission for my 06 cause I aint putting that g56 back in

Ok Dan I appreciate it. I may try to get mine done this spring while Mike and I have the engine out. Now I need a nv5600 2wd transmission for my 06 cause I aint putting that g56 back in

If you go through Indiana, PA....You can call Hodge Transmissions in Connellsville, PA. He cryoed my 5th gear for me. 724-6 two 6- 197 eight. Tell Bobby that Jamie Lent sent you down. He does great tranny work.

If you go through Indiana, PA....You can call Hodge Transmissions in Connellsville, PA. He cryoed my 5th gear for me. 724-6 two 6- 197 eight. Tell Bobby that Jamie Lent sent you down. He does great tranny work.
Ya i appreciate it, but my truck is in Texas, its just me up here right now without either of my trucks so I will probly try to get mine done down there

cryo

dan, 300 below has been good to deal with. might give them a shout. if your going to spend the money check the case to make sure it's square and have all the parts spotless clean and cryo the whole tranny.

Last edited:
dan, 300 below has been good to deal with. might give them a shout. if your going to spend the money check the case to make sure it's square and have all the parts spotless clean and cryo the whole tranny.

Are you talking about 300 below in decatur IL? A buddy of mine is good friends with the owner and has said that one of these days he will take me down there and introduce me to him. Maybe i can get some kind of hook up if things work out with this guy.

300 below will be getting my tranny parts, rods, block, etc. LoL.

So are y'all doing the syncros, shift forks, and bearings as well? i figured i'd send them the shafts and gears, but didn't know if doing the syncros and shift forks would mess with anything when trying to shift quickly in it.

Dan, I'd do the gears and shafts for sure and if they say to do everything else then so be it and have at it.

Dan Ive got a complete cryo'd nv4500 sitting here I just pulled out of my 95 and replaced with a 47re from garmon. The guy I bought the truck done had everything done at a place in houston.

Back