CTD in a D100?

DslPower

I want to put a '90 CTD in an '86 D100 that had a slant 6. I have the complete diesel truck.

Will it work or is it more effort than it's worth?

Thanks!

everything will swap over motor mounts and all. only problem you might have is if the 90 is a 518, you might need to make new holes for trans xmember. also you will need a driveshaft.

depending on how low you want the front try the d100 susp., if its squating to hard, you might want to swap front suspension for the diesels..

The '90 will have a 727. The A518 didn't show up till after '91.5.

i am in the same boat as you i have a 86 d100 reg cab short bed that will either see a 12v or 4bt under the hood but it will be built once funds allow for the build.

Thanks alot guys!

I didn't want to pull the trigger on the fun unless it was going to be somewhat strait forward.

Yes, it's the 727.

I don't mind getting a drive shaft shortened or swapping motor mounts. I just didn't want tons of fabrication and dead end roads trying.

How about oil pan clearance?

well ive got a 75 d-100 with a short bed that i thought about swapping a 1st gen diesel in. the 75 has a slat six as well. so your telling me that the motor mounts for the slant six will work for the diesel??

i hope your plannin on puttin the diesels rear in too. Youll explode the lil half ton u joints and whatever rearend is in it. Being 2wd it makes it a lot easier

Back