Cummins cam degreeing wheel

WICKEDDIESELS

SUPPORTING VENDOR
DEGREE WHEEL.jpg

Since I have never seen a degree wheel specific for the 5.9 and 6.7, I made one. 24" diameter, it is so big I could not get a clear picture of the whole thing. Over 6000 programming lines of code, almost 2 hours at 20 ipm feed rate.

Looks great! I just got a cheap jegs wheel layed a damper on it and drilled it lol this is by far a much classier route!

Two continuous hours of CNC'ing is rough on the machine, the power bill and replacement parts. That is what the cost is based on, not to mention all the hours it took to write the program. I don't expect to sell many, maybe none at all.

Two continuous hours of CNC'ing is rough on the machine, the power bill and replacement parts. That is what the cost is based on, not to mention all the hours it took to write the program. I don't expect to sell many, maybe none at all.

unless you have an ancient machine, they're made to run 24/7. that's how you make money with them. where i work, most of the mills are mid 80s machines and we run 'em as hard as we can within reason.

I'll take one. 24" will definitely help the accuracy, and the mounting will be nice for repeatability. I get tired of trying to mount my 18" wheel on a harmonic balancer and then having to check to make sure TDC is accurate. It is overkill...........and I gotta have a few!

Last edited:
I could use one too. Same issue as Zach...18" wheel takes me more time and TIME IS MONEY!

I will take one, let me know when its done.

And ya 2hrs on a cnc is a pretty small amount. We throw a 4'x4' sheet on ours and cut out a few hundred little widgets out of it and it will be there for awhile lol.

nice looking wheel. i am not a machinist by trade but 20 ipm seems awfull slow for that type of machine work.

Alright, thanks guys

I can personalize them with your company logo, if you would like. Anyone who wants to buy several all with your logo's, can get a discount. I will need to know the font for your lettering and a JPEG of the logo, or better yet a DXF file of it.

View attachment DEGREE WHEEL.BMP

OR...I can wing it

Last edited:
Back