Cummins Marine Injector Bodies

blwnsmke

I got a brand new set of cummins marine injector bodies that came out of a 370hp marine motor. They got a couple hours of run time, they were on a test motor. I plan on putting my honed tips on them and putting them in my truck. I was told that marine bodies are stronger and can hold more pressure over the stock bodies.. Any input on that??

I got a brand new set of cummins marine injector bodies that came out of a 370hp marine motor. They got a couple hours of run time, they were on a test motor. I plan on putting my honed tips on them and putting them in my truck. I was told that marine bodies are stronger and can hold more pressure over the stock bodies.. Any input on that??

As far as I know they are the same body as a "regular joe" B-Series injector...only difference I can think of is pressure stamped on the body...

I believe the marine bodies are stamped with 300bar while the pickup bodies are labeled 270 bar...

Your going to need to set the pop offs if you switch nozzles. I'm not aware of any issues with bodies cracking so if thats the only reason your swapping think twice.

Your going to need to set the pop offs if you switch nozzles. I'm not aware of any issues with bodies cracking so if thats the only reason your swapping think twice.

What exactly is pop offs? I was going to switch to those bodies since they are brand new and my bodies in my truck have about 95,000 miles on them now.. I bought the truck completely stock when it had 66,000 miles on it. So they have not had a super hard life intil about 72,000 miles when I put the first box on it.. I just don't wanna put tips on the my bodies that are in my truck now and they leak or something soon. How much it cost to test them?

You need to set the injector pop pressure when you switch nozzles. There is a spring and shims above the pintle/needle in the body that controls when the needle raises thus opening the nozzle. You can't just swap them and expect accurate fuel flow.
I notice in your sig that your truck is an 04? I'm a little confused?

I notice in your sig that your truck is an 04? I'm a little confused?

X2...I just looked and noticed the same thing...what engine are the injectors for? I was assuming a 12 valve, but now I'm not sure...

I'm still confused. A 370 CR marine rating is not something that I'm aware of?

Ya they came out of a marine common rail with a hp rating of 380....but that really dosent matter because on the common rail all the injectors are the same.....it just depends on the ecm calibration for horespower rating, they go all the way up to 400s....ive been told they can handle more pressure and for a longer time.

CR ratings on marine or as we call them in the Cummins world, QSB engines are available in ratings up to 480 hp.
As far as what I said about pop testing, never mind that, I was thinking 6B and ISB injectors when you mention 370. I would examine the nozzles before swapping to make sure the # of holes are the same because all CR injectors are not the same due to differences in injection events. As far as swapping goes, you are still further ahead to let an injection shop set them up. Yes the CR nozzles can be swapped on the work bench and installed but fuel return rate is going to change.
Sorry for the confussion, and be sure to let us know how it works out for you fellas.

I was going to use my tips off my stock injectors and send them off to get honed and then install them on the marine bodies.. You don't recommend me just swapping the nozzles over?? Do you think the marine bodies are stronger and hold more pressure vs the stock bodies

I was going to use my tips off my stock injectors and send them off to get honed and then install them on the marine bodies.. You don't recommend me just swapping the nozzles over?? Do you think the marine bodies are stronger and hold more pressure vs the stock bodies

Tell you what..... if you can give me the numbers on those marine injectors I'll be able to tell you more. At this point I don't have enough information to give an honest opinion. Better yet. with your engine serial # and the marine engine serial # I can do a comparison. PM me if you want.

So what ya think? Ill be ok just putting the honed nozzles on the marine bodies? Think those bodies are any stronger?

Back