Cummins NTC-350

Thanks guys.

So before we left I put 45 psi in the tire (I have been running 30 psi in 4th gear and had no problems). 45 psi was just to much air in the tires. I got the clutch out and it just lit the tires and started spinning and hopping. I didn't pedal it because I wasn't sure if the engine would pick itself back up. I didn't hurt the clutch at all and I don't think I hurt my pull at all either. I ended in the same place as always about the same distance behind the rest of the guys. Next weekend I'm going to try letting a little air out of the tires and see what happens.
use slicks or very little tread and 14 PSI or maybe even less.

That is a very exciting group of pullers you run with. Every truck in the last video put on a good show. Your truck has definitely come alive compared to your early pulls. Is your Dad's truck the white day cab Kenworth? Also the distance readout on the sled is pretty cool! They don't have that on the sleds that run around here.

Thanks. Since we've become a class with the club we've had 13 pulls this year. Everywhere we go people love our class and we get complements from everyone from fans to other pullers and to promoters about how great our class is.

Yeah my dads truck is the white day cab Kenworth. We need to get that engine a little more air. He 'a still running a Cat charger!

That sled is new this year. It is a real nice sled . You know when the weight comes on. It really grabs ahold if you and stop you (me at least, ha ha)

Any more recent pulls or are you finished this year? Any updates on winter plans for the truck?

We are pretty much wrapped up with the season. My truck should be 4th in the year end points standings. I was able to make all the pulls and some of the big HP guys stubbed their toes at a few of the pulls and my truck out pulled them. We are supposed to have one more pull next weekend, but I've heard rumor is is cancelled. I'd really like to get one more solid run on it before winter.

There are quite few plains in the works for this old girl this winter. Planning on putting an air ride suspension on it and a motor build.

I've got two trucks in sight to buy for parts. Mostly A model parts along with suspensions, rear ends and transmissions. Pretty much have the engine build nailed down but the suspension and rear ends are still up in the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im stumped i have a 85 w900 had the pump done and it just have the power it did and my mpg is horse **** any help

When was the overhead last ran? How many miles on the injectors? Any white smoke at an idle then it's at operating temperature?

Can you assign a number to horse ****? Most W9's I have access to only pull around 5

i need a cummins nut to take it to its my every day driver im up in minnesota does any buddy know any nutz that do good work and know there **** on these ole ntc400bc1 any help woulg be great

and im looking for some parts for the ole girl 85w900

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they test your pump before they rebuilt it, it may have been hotter than what they rebuilt it to.

How are you driving the truck, what rpm do you run at?

Like SmokinCAT asked, was the pump turned up before it was rebuilt?

I know when I had my pump rebuilt I talked to a few shops and told them what I wanted and was going to be doing with this engine. They said they'd rebuilt it to factory calibration for my serial number and CPL.

The shop that eventually rebuilt my pump said they would turn the rail pressure up for me as well as rebuilding it. The factory calibration on my pump was 160 psi of rail pressure. When it was rebuilt the shop turned it up to 200 psi at the rail. Now with the big gear drive and KT pump I have it puts out around 500 psi to the rail.

A word to the wise, trucker225, please use punctuation in your post. It makes it much easier to read and understand.

Last edited:
no smoke at start up . and if you let it run for awhile and go to take off its like the pedal is very so to react if you crack it and try to shift its like your still on the pedal . and there was a seal out thats why i had them redo it .i dont know when how many miles on injectors or when anything was done to it

Little video I put together from our 2014 pulling season of my truck.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U674f_Cmo8o[/ame]

Cool video! Couple of those tracks looked really muddy, haha. Glad you didn't put any music with it so we could hear the old girl sing.

Back