Cummins recon 12v valve job

97rada

I am to the point of setting up a head for my toy. I want a good head for the truck but won't go crazy with it. As of now I want a good 3 angle valve job, back cutting the valves, decked and orings. I have 2 heads. Both will take a few new valves and a deck/oring and at least a valve job to get running to my standard. That's about 600$ in machine work plus valve cost. I can pick up a recon head for 750ish. I was wondering if the valve job recon heads have is decent? Is it a standard 3 angle? I don't want to buy a new head and then turn around and dump a lot in it. The head will come apart for new springs and an oring job ect. Just curious what was is more logical. I am leaning towards the recon with new valves guides ect

Thanks Austin

If their recon 12v heads are anything like their big truck heads I would get yours worked on. Hard saying as I have no experience with smaller cummins recon products.

Call him... That is the old school way of tagging people. LOL

I was in a computer lab studying for an exam. I will after
Not my brightest moment , this engineering degree and working full time has my mind taxed to the limit. Not fun at all

Last edited:
If their recon 12v heads are anything like their big truck heads I would get yours worked on. Hard saying as I have no experience with smaller cummins recon products.

That's my fear. I have been through some that are just embarrassing. Took 15 1710 heads to find a good set.

Got my answer. It's a single angle valve job. Not all valves are new. I will recondition mine

Back