Cummins to gas ZF6

roachie

Taco Master
Just wondering if anyone has seen a successful swap with the pair? Last I was told no one has made it work.

Is the difference the bell housing on the gasser version? I was Eye Balling a gasser zf6 at junk yard in the summer.
Thanks,
Deo

Yea, smaller bellhousing which implies a smaller clutch. My research says a stock 5.4 clutch would work (same 1.25" input shaft)

isnt the gasser zf6 bellhousing the same as the 6.0l bellhousing? I'm almost postive it is as the v8 and v10 share the same bellhousing as the 6.0l

Is there a huge price difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, the gas zf6 is currently in the running truck. So yea..

Update:

The MODULAR GAS ZF6 is not the same bellhousing as the 6.0 They appear similar but the diesel is a larger pattern.

I was thinking about this today, and your right but we got around this by either leaving the top two bolts out or opening the holes up.

This was a 4r100 that was in a mod motor that was going behind a 6.4(same bellhousing as a 6.0l)

That's interesting. I have a gas 4r100 in the floor, stuck a stock dodge flexplate up to it and it covers half the holes.

I emailed Destroked this morning.......waste of time. According to whomever answered my inquiry : We dont make a plate for the Zf6 gas and a flywheel well be hard to find I'm not sure how they dont make a plate for that since the one for the GAS 4R100 should be the same damn thing.

Looks like I'll just have to make my own plate and use the Ford bread truck flywheel.

I thought I saw someone making 5.4l Trans adapters

Last edited:
Destroked and Fordcummins both make them but are only for the 4r100. When I spoke to fordcummins the said they had not attempted a ZF6 due to the clutch.

Back