Cummins tsb's

bubba1

kwick canuck
Does any body have access to cummins tsb's, primarlly looking for the one regarding idle times on CR engines and causing ring failures. Chrysler does admit that the bulliten exists, I had read the bulliten in a Kenworth shop but my contact their is no longer their

they admit that excessive idle times can cause a number of adverse effects on the engine mostly carbon build up, but they do have an idle-up feature which can help said adverse effects.

If you're a member on TDR they have them listed under the site features menu. We'll have to look at getting them listed here too.

those are actually chrysler's version's of tsb's both on TDR and Geno's. Like I posted earlier their is one from Cummin's on their letter head that I have read, My district service manager needs to read!

Try this one on for size (reason for needing info from Cummins), engine is down on compression the cylinder walls look like a double glaze dognut cross hatch is still perfect, rings have sharp edges piston's un touched not even a scuff on thrust side of piston. Intake track absolutly spot less.

Chrysler's educated guess is that this is a "classic case of dusted engine"

Now with that said to try and educate a man that doesn't even know that our diesel engines do not have spark plugs in them.

I have tried to show them the numbers of hour's on idle time vs all other travelling load condition's and times etc.:bang :bang :bang :bang

Also if this had only happened once and it wasn't a normal customer I wouldn't even waiste my time but this has been on going for over 4 years now and customers are getting humped out of warranty.

PS. NO MODS ON ANY OF THE VEHICLES INVOLVED.

Back