Cummins turbo mounting flange/turbo specs question

d082088

Hello all,

I've dug and I've dug on the web and can't seem to find what I need so here goes. Will a Holset HT-80 bolt on in place of a HT-60 or are the mounting flanges/bolt patterns different ? Also does a HT-80 still use a 5" down pipe ? Thanks in advance for any info you can toss my way. This is for a upgrade on a N-14.

No, the HT80 will not fit anything other than the 903 manifold, it is also a 6" outlet. The 42cm housing is all that is available.

To use the HT80 compressor you would need a HT4 to switch the wheel, backing plate, and cover over onto. I did hear that there have been a few people that have had something like a 36cm HT4 housing to fit the exhaust side of the HT80,but I have never seen it done.

Does that housing use 8 bolts to attach to the center section?

You would have one of the ones that has been machined, I had talked to CDS about doing this as they had done it in the past, I never could find the right housing and didnt want to buy a new one. I would be curious as to how well it spools compared to a HT4 with the HT80 compressor.

I can assure you though it was not factory, I have checked every part number turbo in quickserve that uses the reverse roation G trim wheel and they are all HT80's and all have the 42cm odd ball housing.

You would have one of the ones that has been machined, I had talked to CDS about doing this as they had done it in the past, I never could find the right housing and didnt want to buy a new one. I would be curious as to how well it spools compared to a HT4 with the HT80 compressor.

I can assure you though it was not factory, I have checked every part number turbo in quickserve that uses the reverse roation G trim wheel and they are all HT80's and all have the 42cm odd ball housing.

It's not modified, and it's not a 42. Trust me, we had it next to a 42 to compare, and it's even got a casting stamp of 35

The cummins/holset part number is either 6 or 7 digits depending on how old it is, I am not sure where that housing came from.

Back