Curious and would like some feedback

HidalgoGT

Tuned By Disturbed Diesel
Had a goodyear guy bring this to my work to show me. He is trying to help me out with tires for the truck for pulling. I know STS and BFG's are top rated. What do you think about this one? It isn't the size I would be running, I would be running 35's so a bit wider.

Attachments

• 0208111129.jpg
    0208111129.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 0
There's a few that have tried em &/or are going to try them next year.

depends on where you plan on pulling, my buddy in flordia uses tsl's in the sand and we use bfg's here in ky

Goodyear duratracs.
Kusliks (sp?) run them on their 3.0 dmax. I talked to them at Platte City, MO and they said they like them. This coming from somoene who also ran/runs bfgs.

I can get them 31 bucks cheaper then NTW can sell me Bfg's. Though I understand saving money could cost me money if they are too aggressive lol.

I'd put them on and do a few boosted launches on the asphalt. Then put the fronts on the back and repeat. That would help the bite if the are a little aggressive.

I have the duratracs on my daily driver, and put them on my puller for one event. When the track was dry, they were perfect. But at the end of the night after they had wet the track alot, it took some doing to get off the line in hero gear, and once I did, it almost fell under the charger and it was all bite and no spin. I'm waiting on them to wear down some more on my daily truck, then they will most likely become my pulling tires. I say give them a go.

I just put these on my daily driver(Jeep) and I'm impressed with all the siping on them.
General Grabber AT2 they are cheap as well.

images

Ya,I would love to have some STS's but I dont want to have to buy new wheels just to get STS's. Seems I only see them 17" and up wheel sizes and the 17's are 33's. I don't want to get to much bite and I guess it will end up being BFG AT's or General AT2's. I thank you all for the feedback. Lot's to learn.

I have them on my 2.6 truck and I really like them. They work good o a lot of different tracks in Ohio. Really bite hard.

I have often wondered how a true ICE tire such a Blizak truck tire or similar treaded tire would work on a clay track. Very soft rubber and a million sipes. Anyone tried anything like that?

depends on where you plan on pulling, my buddy in flordia uses tsl's in the sand and we use bfg's here in ky

Never remember seeing any truck pulling with tsl's in FL. OK one with 38s on a black ford in 2007. Would that be who u know?

I have often wondered how a true ICE tire such a Blizak truck tire or similar treaded tire would work on a clay track. Very soft rubber and a million sipes. Anyone tried anything like that?

They don't make big enough sizes of those, generally speaking...otherwise I'd have tried...

They don't make big enough sizes of those, generally speaking...otherwise I'd have tried...

Mabe you should move to Canada....we have a bunch of different ones all the way up to 285's and and 305's.

Mabe you should move to Canada....we have a bunch of different ones all the way up to 285's and and 305's.

Ryan, based on the weather this winter, I promise you, I will NEVER move to Canada! LOL

I've run the Winter Duelers on several vehicles and they're incredible tires on ice. They're so soft at full tread height that I wonder if they would peel over and/or chunk on clay. Biggest size on those is 285 and that's too small for my setup. Maybe on a dually, and maybe half worn...

I knew a guy that ran the Mastercraft Courser MSR and did OK with them...but soon went STS. I think you could probably do better than most "street" tires with those.

Back